The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi, as a new member with the 'dazzling' tally of one vintage Seiko :)

Still exploring the forum and the many models available, but the 7015-8000 caught my eye as a starting point and I've purchased one on eBay/AtomicWareHouse.

I'd be interested in any views on the forum has on the 7015-8000?

It seems an interesting color combination (difficult to photograph well, looking across google) and a slightly smaller size, than most?

Ewan

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome!!

Not sure about a good first buy...it's what you like at the end of the day, we're all different :)
Your purchase looks very heavily polished.....do you have it yet? Love to see some pictures when you do.

Not a seller I know...anyone?

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
whatever makes you happy

... is the best approach. Congrats on that purchase and :welcome: to SCWF!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy being here and the great
folks on here too.
Where are you located ?
I am LongBike from Hawaii.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a few 7015s and they are great watches.. When working well they keep very good time and its a proper column wheel chronograph with vertical clutch and flyback features. Post photos of the watch when it arrives :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi there...interesting, as I found this seller the other day when cruising the Bay.

When I am in the USA, I don't stay far from this seller's physical shop, so I looked up general reviews, etc. Seems like an eccentric guy (aren't we all) who was fighting foreclosure at one point. Antiques are a tough business! My only initial pause on the seller was that he has a 6119-8120 on the bay which, for the life of me, I cannot find anything similar in loads of Google searches. So, it could be Franken, wrong caseback, or I am ill-informed!

As others have said, the one you bought shows a lot of polish, but IMO, it's a looker with that bright dial and you really can't complain about $115 if everything functions. Plus, I would imagine that a vintage JB Champion bracelet from that era could sell for a decent sum to the right buyer.

Welcome to the jungle...hide your wallet going forward! ;) This won't be your last buy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Sure seems like will be a friendly place to hang out as my obsession, sorry, interest(!) develops..

Hi LongBike, I'm in Scotland.

Noting the watch is polished, part of the learning curve, deciding what's what, all OK. I see it as an every day wearer, to get used to the vintage Seiko vibe.

I'm sure more will follow..

That looks to be a very nice Panda type on your site Mr Hickman, if a bit out of my starting budget!

"JB Champion bracelet" - curious, difficult to get correct Seiko, worth exchanging? Going by forum correct straps can be difficult to source, wear out I guess, or too small for second owner.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Sure seems like will be a friendly place to hang out as my obsession, sorry, interest(!) develops..

Hi LongBike, I'm in Scotland.

Noting the watch is polished, part of the learning curve, deciding what's what, all OK. I see it as an every day wearer, to get used to the vintage Seiko vibe.

I'm sure more will follow..

That looks to be a very nice Panda type on your site Mr Hickman, if a bit out of my starting budget!

"JB Champion bracelet" - curious, difficult to get correct Seiko, worth exchanging? Going by forum correct straps can be difficult to source, wear out I guess, or too small for second owner.
:) that's the spirit!

The pandas are fine 6138's! My prices are high, I know that...but don't be put off to strike up a deal or a conflab. I service and guarantee everything, then up to you to decide what that's worth.
(And I don't really want to sell the Panda as I like it too much !)

Finding the correct bracelet is always hard. I heard someone say 'buy the bracelet then buy the watch'. An interesting idea, doesn't work so well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts