The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by stick markers. the middle one is called cocktail hour or some such and has been on the market a while and I think its gorgeous.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by stick markers. the middle one is called cocktail hour or some such and has been on the market a while and I think its gorgeous.
ok I mean the first middle one the one with the sun burst look

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
ok I mean the first middle one the one with the sun burst look
It has the same sunburst pattern dial but otherwise shares no case components with the SARB065 Cocktail Time.

I agree about the AUTOMATIC font its rather tragic and cheapens the aesthetic. Why don't Seiko leave it off completely. Otherwise, nice watches and I bet they look even better in the metal.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Cocktail Time is an entirely different watch.

I think they look fantastic, and would like to know the model numbers too. The automatic font is totally inappropriate - what were they thinking?

Akable and 7S26 - you guys either know pretty much everything or know where to look. Can you shed any light on these?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
soulboy as the link you provided reveals the model names for these watches are as below:

Gold/Brown: SDGM008
Silver gold numerals: SDGM005
Blue: SDGM007

These all have a list price of 120,000 yen plus tax. They seem to be currently available for pre-order and do not seem to be discounted much anywhere.

All three models are also limited editions with 500 of each available. Release date is November 14.

The second model with the sunburst type dial is the SDGM001 and will have a list of 90,000 yen plus tax. This is not a limited edition and will also be on sale from November.

I actually really like the blue version and then I would prefer the standard model. I like that the LE versions seem to come with multiple straps that would allow you to mix it up a little.

More info on these can be found at the official Seiko site - http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/bz/mechanical/mechanical/

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Other new models in the Brightz range are the new SAGA models from the executive series.

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/bz/rwcs/executive/

While these are a little too much bling for my taste the bezel material sounds like it could be interesting and will likely turn up elsewhere.

This is called cermet and is a combination of powdered metal and ceramic to produce a material with the high wear and heat resistance of ceramic and toughness and finish like metal. This could create an interesting case material for a new Landmaster or similar tough type model.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I checked out Seiko site, how do I go about pre-ordering one of the Giugiaros?
Please steer me in the right direction. TIA.

Rob

·
Registered
507 Posts
soulboy as the link you provided reveals the model names for these watches are as below:

Gold/Brown: SDGM008
Silver gold numerals: SDGM005
Blue: SDGM007

These all have a list price of 120,000 yen plus tax. They seem to be currently available for pre-order and do not seem to be discounted much anywhere.

All three models are also limited editions with 500 of each available. Release date is November 14.
With only 500 being released, I doubt there will be any need to discount them. They will sell out at full price anyway.

I actually really like the blue version and then I would prefer the standard model.
Likewise. However I prefer the burgundy one over the standard. The wave pattern on the dial is incredible.
I'm seriously thinking of pre ordering one as I just got my tax refund...

Thanks for the added information Akable.

·
Researcher
5,027 Posts
Other new models in the Brightz range are the new SAGA models from the executive series.

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/bz/rwcs/executive/

While these are a little too much bling for my taste the bezel material sounds like it could be interesting and will likely turn up elsewhere.

This is called cermet and is a combination of powdered metal and ceramic to produce a material with the high wear and heat resistance of ceramic and toughness and finish like metal. This could create an interesting case material for a new Landmaster or similar tough type model.
Made from old potentiometers??:)
It seems a little odd that they haven't included this technology before - considering their experience in MIM and CIM .
Seiko have a longstanding relationship with Kyocera - who have produced cermet cutting tool inserts for a very long time.
Cermet - as I jokingly referred to, has been used to produce potentiometers used in the electronics industry since forever.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It has the same sunburst pattern dial but otherwise shares no case components with the SARB065 Cocktail Time.

I agree about the AUTOMATIC font its rather tragic and cheapens the aesthetic. Why don't Seiko leave it off completely. Otherwise, nice watches and I bet they look even better in the metal.
Oops sorry it looked a lot like it but side by side its clearly not. sorry

·
Special Member
6,523 Posts
99.9% of human beings couldn't tell any one of these from a Walmart Timex or a Patek Phillipe, but we're all obsessing over the font used to spell "Automatic".

Sadly I get it and totally agree. WIS I am.

BTW I totally want the top one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts