The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Special Member
1,823 Posts
The SRPG47K1 (SBSA109 JDM) with 11,000 units is the highest quantity LE model from Seiko this year. The were a dozen other models with LE quantities of 2000 or greater announced in the first half of 2021. The total number of LE units announced in the first half of the year was 97,114. Of the 225 new models 49 of them were LE's.

The stats above do not include other company brands such as Grand Seiko, Credor, Alba, Pulsar etc. Collaboration models produced for individual customers are also not included in the numbers.

You can see all of this years first half models here - 2021 First Half - Seiko Releases

·
Special Member
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW Anthony - as always, amazing stuff. Thank you.

2,000 units seems reasonable quantity for a Limited Edition tag. Grand Seikos are often 700 or 300 or even 50 or 10, but for mass produced Seiko main line entries I am good with a 2,000 (or 2018, 2019, 2021, 1964, etc to commemorate years).

Some L.E.s are not officially recorded with units made, the now classic SRPC49 coming to mind but many others too. I much prefer Seiko brand them special edition to indicate non-numbered series.

Can we all agree 11,000 units is a bit much ? :unsure:

·
Registered
422 Posts
WOW Anthony - as always, amazing stuff. Thank you.

2,000 units seems reasonable quantity for a Limited Edition tag. Grand Seikos are often 700 or 300 or even 50 or 10, but for mass produced Seiko main line entries I am good with a 2,000 (or 2018, 2019, 2021, 1964, etc to commemorate years).

Some L.E.s are not officially recorded with units made, the now classic SRPC49 coming to mind but many others too. I much prefer Seiko brand them special edition to indicate non-numbered series.

Can we all agree 11,000 units is a bit much ? :unsure:
11,000 is a whole lot - makes me wonder how many they build/sell of each "unlimited" variation of the Seiko 5. One thing that is nice, though, is that the limited ones are priced pretty much the same as the normal editions as long as there is no brand / IP tie-in. I actually like the 140th edition.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just cant get on board with the new face plant 5 logo.
Yeah, unfortunately this. ^^^^ I love the variety of Seiko's entry level models, but I just don't like the look of the watch face. No one is more surprised than I am at this. But the logo scripts from the 60's look super classy to me, and the current style just leaves me cold.

·
Special Member
14,177 Posts
I still haven't been able to warm to the new "5" or "S" logo on these dial. And I wish they were 200M watches ....

·
Special Member
1,573 Posts
i am not drawn to these at all, the smaller bezel-less ones seem nicer to me,
but i love bezels and have two many dress watches, as it is ( deliberate typo,
two is too many, one's enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts