The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Special Member
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used Sarb017 lately which came on the OEM Seiko bracelet (including the kit and original brown strap) and now not impressed at all with clasp. It did not ly flat at one end. So I ordered a great 'camel' brown strap from G. (George in Greece) for the watch. Will let my watchmaker remove the bracelet as it is a very tight fit and don't want to scratch up the lugs! Thanks, George! (he kindly included a free leather strap holder)

strap2 by blingmeister, on Flickr

·
Special Member
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you too Thian
Enjoy it ,
This is a great watch

G.
Hi, G......
I sent you another email, mentioning that I had installed the strap on my Marine Master and found it perfect! So, I ordered another from you for the Alpinist hahaha!:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
In my opinion, the brown leather would look better on the Alpinist, the divers would look better on black straps :)

But this is all matter of personal taste :):)

·
Special Member
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my opinion, the brown leather would look better on the Alpinist, the divers would look better on black straps :)

But this is all matter of personal taste :):)
Well, I have had so many divers, on all types of straps, and the black dial/black rubber got boring. I still have them on some of my divers, but I also like mil looking watches. WWI guys wore many brown straps on their watches and I like this retro combo.
Here is the new brown strap photo just sent to me by Giorgos for the Alpinist...
new strap by blingmeister, on Flickr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts