The Watch Site banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
i don't know why there was ever a question of the reality of an "aussie pogue." we've had people on the forum who have stated that they have purchased it new in that configuration. i recall saying that there was such an iteration and i was blasted until someone came forward to say that they did indeed buy one like that new (at a px i believe). i got all of the "show me a catalog shot" or that is a "franken pogue" remarks - enough to fill a small book. LOL. all i could do is shake my head.

todd, what is interesting about your dial is that the proof word seems to fade out towards the second O and F like the beat dial i have. at first i thought it was just due to the fact that my dial lived a hard life, but maybe that is a print characteristic of some of these dials.

Larry, I was going to mention this too. Either they both had similar UV exposure or this was a printing issue. I have found similar characteristics with the smearing of the JAPAN 6139 text and subdial markers on the silver “R” dials. Ewan has been tracking this I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
And I just put this on the other thread that Tom started showing some of the price differences over the last several years. This Aussie Pogue just hammered tonight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
But until we know more specifics we won't know if original or mash up.
Totally agree with you on this.
The catalogue shown on IG seems to be local rather than officially coming from Seiko, I'd like to know more but we all know that speaking of vintage Seiko there is nothing certain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
And I just put this on the other thread that Tom started showing some of the price differences over the last several years. This Aussie Pogue just hammered tonight.

Crazy price aside all Aussies I have seen so far are in Stelux but this one is on straight H link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone, nice post... But what about this?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I001DC utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts

Sorry for that but i coudn't attached the screenshot....

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I001DC utilizzando Tapatalk
It is not just the inner bezel and day disc.
Finding correct Stelux president bracelet for the Aussie pogue would make it hard enough for anyone to attempt this conversion.
Finding Chiclet bracelet for the early model would be damn near impossible at this point.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It is not just the inner bezel and day disc.
Finding correct Stelux president bracelet for the Aussie pogue would make it hard enough for anyone to attempt this conversion.
Finding Chiclet bracelet for the early model would be damn near impossible at this point.
Exactly. Trolls....

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9 Lite mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
The instagram squabble is Highly Entertaining :)

The Non-Believers with their ridiculous Aussie Pogue "does not exist" conspiracy theories - "that catalog photo proves nothing" and "this catalog could well be a fake" and the "colors have been photoshopped" remind me of Flat Earthers. Even when confronted with overwelming evidence the Flat Earth Society and Aussie Pogue Does Not Exist Society continue to make silly arguments:

Anyone interested in the psychology of these people might be interested in this:

Are Flat-Earthers Being Serious?
Yeah, it was epic!

:D

I'm with Paul, too much proof before....irrefutable proof now.

Now all I need is to get my hands on one!

JR

21 - 37 of 37 Posts