The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking to get more involved in the forums here and figured I'd start out with sharing a photo of my brown bell. It was recently serviced by Vintage Time Australia and while it has seen better days cosmetically, it keeps great time and I just love that brown dial. I have a blue one too that I'll post later once I have a decent photo of it. Watch photography isn't my forte so that may take some time, haha. I also see that Citizen Alarm watches are welcome here. If that's the case, I'll post a photo of mine as well. Anyways, thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Fantastic example - I personally appreciate the watches that have “experience” written all over their faces.

Welcome - look forward to your future posts... and photos. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,704 Posts
Seiko 4006-6020

February 1970 PROOF

Mine says hello

Thanks for posting .... Bell-Matics are cool. Anything with a rotating inner bezel is cool. I could easily collect just these.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey all, looking to get more involved in the forums here and figured I'd start out with sharing a photo of my brown bell. It was recently serviced by Vintage Time Australia and while it has seen better days cosmetically, it keeps great time and I just love that brown dial. I have a blue one too that I'll post later once I have a decent photo of it. Watch photography isn't my forte so that may take some time, haha. I also see that Citizen Alarm watches are welcome here. If that's the case, I'll post a photo of mine as well. Anyways, thanks for looking.
Congrats...such a beautiful example you have there!...love these bellmatics likewise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all, looking to get more involved in the forums here and figured I'd start out with sharing a photo of my brown bell. It was recently serviced by Vintage Time Australia and while it has seen better days cosmetically, it keeps great time and I just love that brown dial. I have a blue one too that I'll post later once I have a decent photo of it. Watch photography isn't my forte so that may take some time, haha. I also see that Citizen
Alarm watches are welcome here. If that's the case, I'll post a photo of mine as well. Anyways, thanks for looking.
Exactly the same as my bell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another new guy joining in! Just got in to the whole phenomena of alarm watches and rushed, maybe too soon, to get a bell-matic! This just arrived in post, it looks awesome and almost unused! Whoa.

But. There are issues:
  • First, the alarm doesn't ring! Aargh. Of course there was a reason for the good price and no mention of the alarm working. Damnit. A little googling and looks like it could be an overwound alarm spring and might not be that bad of an issue to solve. First to figure out how to open it...
  • Secondly, it looks like a good case for a frankie: 6050 dial & hands in the body of an 6060! But this still works though. I like it. Never was that fond of the octagonal case of the 6050, and here, the brutally angular dial is balanced by a smooth curvy body, making it feel almost like one of the business-liners.
    Haven't come across another model like this anywhere. While it wouldn't sound that impossible there to be an real release the 6050 dial in a round case, but tbh frankie just sounds more plausible. Meh. But I'm not really complaining, this looks good and you can see the reflection of my finger on it! Then again, Just might try souce and the octagonal case from somewhere.
  • That cheap leather band is atrocious. Need to find something better ASAP. My plan is to try how a metallic stretch band would work here. Got good memories of toying with such during boring lectures of the high school - might be fun to try such out again.
Anyway, good to join you guys. Excited of my first mechanical alarm watch - not likely my last! These are such an inspiring genre of vintage watches.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts