The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of times at the old forum, nothing much and not memorable. Recently I have seen the light and I have a strong urge to flip most or all of my meager collection and go all Seiko. This seems odd to me though as I am a son of a Swiss immigrant and the grandson of a Swiss watch company employee.

My small collection includes and Stowa Antea KS, PRS 3, AirNautic AN-24 Pilot, SARB017, Black Monster, Ti Ecozilla w/ adapters and a Rado Coupole. Sorry, I have never photoed any of 'em.

I decided I want something a little more upscale and I like the idea of it being covert. One of my employees actually looked up the price of my AN-24. I didn't like that. So a nicer Seiko or even a GS my fit the bill.

Anyhow, I plan to be a regular here. Although, I will ask a lot of questions and won't be of any help.

Thanks for reading,
Jack

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Gogiants said:
One of my employees actually looked up the price of my AN-24.
I just looked it up too ;D

Welcome to the forum - have you thought of going vintage as well? I think that's a nice way to be a little different as well as stealthy....

Sweephand

·
Registered
772 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
Be careful Jack it is a slippery slope you venture onto, before you know it you will be forgotten your Swiss heritage !! ;D

Welcome
Hehehe this place is contagious. But a Swiss or two can't hurt. Welcome to temptation forum

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Sweephand said:
I just looked it up too ;D

Welcome to the forum - have you thought of going vintage as well? I think that's a nice way to be a little different as well as stealthy....

Sweephand
Excellent! What are they selling for now? :) I might go vintage, I'm here to learn.

Be careful Jack it is a slippery slope you venture onto, before you know it you will be forgotten your Swiss heritage !!
Don't worry about that, even without a Swiss watch, I'll still eat fondue regularly!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Welcome Jack, I see you've already been greeted by the abundant enablers here. :D
You've come to the right place to learn and venture on a new path.
Thats what happened to me. I stumbled upon this site, looking for an Orient, and fell in love with Seiko's. Now, I'm a Seiko addict. LOL. :p
Look forward to what will be your first, but definitely not your last thats for sure. ;)
We love pics, so post away.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts