The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

While reviewing some of the recent "is it original" threads I decided to summarize by putting all the example on a web page to make it easier to digest.

It's pretty raw, but Let me know if you find this useful, or have any suggestions or if I'm breaking some kind of forum rule by doing this. Thanks!

http://assets.feiko.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
This is great! I see that you have my two “new” blue dials. Is there a way to make this sticky and then have folks contribute to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to contribute photos, post them in this thread with notes and I'll add them. Maybe if this gets enough traction I'll put up a form on the site that allows individuals to add them themselves

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great resource, but would there be any way to display larger images where available? For someone like me who isn't that great at spotting fakes yet the higher res the photos are the better

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Do you want years too? This is a KVW restoration of an original 6005.

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you want years too? This is a KVW restoration of an original 6005.

Added. Thanks!

If someone wants to look through the examples and write some notes about what stands out, both fake and real, that makes these models unique, that would be a nice addition

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great resource, but would there be any way to display larger images where available? For someone like me who isn't that great at spotting fakes yet the higher res the photos are the better
For now, you can right click and choose "open image in new tab" (in Chrome at least, others browsers are slightly different) then zoom in. I'll develop some "click to enlarge" functionality if that's a popular feature request

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Beautiful Work Brad. Great resource in an area that is full of Landmines. The popularity of the 6136-600x is as Strong as Ever for Good Reason imo They are Great watches. Russell

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done.

Here is a picture of my original to itself (including crystal - 330W18GN) True Pogue 6139-6005 dated March of 1971.
Added. Thanks!

Do you all think we should add model numbers and years to all the member submitted pics? It feels like that's an essential thing to understand when assessing the parts.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Added. Thanks!

Do you all think we should add model numbers and years to all the member submitted pics? It feels like that's an essential thing to understand when assessing the parts.

My 6005 above is from 1977

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Well done.

Here is a picture of my original to itself (including crystal - 330W18GN) True Pogue 6139-6005 dated March of 1971.

Love this one!

·
Poet Laureate
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great info.

I read extensively about the 6309-704X before purchasing one to avoid a disaster.

Thanks,

Mark
If you can send links to any resources that helped, I'll add them to this guide. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
A lot of the research I did was on the old SCWF and I believe it was called The Seiko divers reference. It now looks like some of that information is under the 6309-7049 trivia post.

I also did a lot of reading and paying attention to the old PMWF which got me started on this addiction of Seiko and Citizen watches quest.

Sorry I don't have any new links for you.

I have just came back to the forum after being gone for about 5 or so years. Our Parents were needing help that took so much of our time. They are all gone now and I have just started to revisit the forum here.

Mark

·
Registered
609 Posts
As I understand it, the yellow dial watches have sweep and sub-dial hands that are crimson (blood) red, while the same hands for the blue dial watches are more orange ... what has been described as "tomato" red.

Here's a watch where the sub-dial hand is certainly looks to be a replacement ... note the color difference between the sweep and sub-second hands. It was maybe not the best move to take the photo when the two hands were right next to each other ;-)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts