The Watch Site banner

New Forum,New Members,Its been a while.SCWF Members show yourselves...>>>

19K views 117 replies 69 participants last post by  Bongos 
#1 ·
Seemed the right thing to do now we have lost our original home and moved to our newer modern place we now call home, so it made sense for me to ask as ive done before to show yourselves and let all our new(and old members see who we really are)With a watch/Without a watch its up to you.

Me im TheNeilo(Knickname i aquired from school)46yrs young from the UK.Love my Aqualands but have a massive collection of Seiko and Citizen watches.SCWF member for around 5yrs now.I Scuba and Freedive as my Hobby.

Im also at work at the moment so will upload my Picture when i get in tonight.

Just a bit of fun guys ive done this before and it always provides a laugh especially when you can put the face to the name.Thanks.Neilo.

Ok picture here we come.This is me and my Partner Amanda about 4mths ago.
Sure i was wearing My Sumo that night!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: New Forum,New Members,Its been a while.SCWF Members show yourselves...>>>

Good idea, Neilo!

I'm Gal from Israel, on the SCWF since 2007 (I think).

I'm into watches since I can remember myself. first strong memory is going to the watchmaker
by myself when I was 11 yrs with an old watch that my grandfather gave me to have it fixed and serviced.
The watchmaker let me see him working and I was hooked.
First Seiko I had was given to my for the "Bar-mizva" 8) , a 1980 7009 Seiko 5 "Sports".
I have it till today.

Here is me, with my 6105-8000

So hello everyone!

#3 ·

O.K. just tried out the webcam of my wife's Vaio wearing my Sealion M110:

Cheers,

Axel

Edit: forgot to write, I'm a 44yrs old German living Luxembourg. I'm happily married without kids.

#5 ·

TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Just a bit of fun guys ive done this before and it always provides a laugh especially when you can put the face to the name.Thanks.Neilo.
Here I am last year on my deck wearing my recently departed black Ti Sammie (not to worry, I replaced it with an orange Sammie ;D ).

I'm 53 this year, live in Indiana, may be retired (who knows at this point?), and served as an admin for 7 years at PMWF. I currently have 22 watches, of which 8 are Seikos, 1 Citizen, 1 Casio. The rest are from some little European country where they make cheese and chocolate.

Attachments

#6 ·

New forum, New username. I was WarrantyGuy and decided since I seem to be hoarding Rally Divers I would change the my user name.

I bought my first Seiko in the late 90's, 7 or 8 years later my collection had grown to 3 Seiko's. Now my collection of mostly Seiko's with a couple of Citizen's and a few others has grown to 45. ;D

Derek

Attachments

#7 ·

I've been an active eclectic watch collector since 2003 but mainly Seikos in the past. But now I have diversified into Orients and Chinese vintage watches. A current trend in Japan is wearing hats other than the ubiquitous baseball cap,so the wife bought me this cool retro Pendelton made in Oregon! The watch is a classic Orient Star, with a Canadian made zippo and German ciggie holder haha!

#8 ·

thianwong said:
I've been an active eclectic watch collector since 2003 but mainly Seikos in the past. But now I have diversified into Orients and Chinese vintage watches. A current trend in Japan is wearing hats other than the ubiquitous baseball cap,so the wife bought me this cool retro Pendelton made in Oregon! The watch is a classic Orient Star, with a Canadian made zippo and German ciggie holder haha!

[/quote]

I wonder how many here remember what those two ring things behind the Zippo are?

My father used to wear them ;)

#10 ·

Hey, Gal, that's a fake camera dude, the Nikon sticker is on back to front ;D

I would upload a picture of myself, but I'm so ugly I need to use the picture of the good-looking guy in the cardigan as my avatar!

Galpo said:

So hello everyone!
[/quote]

#12 ·

Photo wearing my favorite Orient Diver. Have been a lifelong WIS since being a kid lusting after my Dad's watch collection. Vietnam was a special WIS experience for me where introduced to Seiko and a street vendor watch community trading and buying watches.

WIS journey has included vintage and some of the most prestigious watches worldwide evolving in recent years to more interest in oriental watches of innovative design and value. I treasure my Seiko classics and currently enjoy the whimsical attitude and unique quality of Orients.

The membership and hard work of the moderators has crafted a horological community where we can all share in the pride of SCWF - thanks to one and all!

Updated photo taken in September 2010 wearing my 6309 at Canada's International Peace Park - hiking in comfort!

Thanks for looking...Lexcalibre

#13 ·

Oddly I don't have many pictures of myself as I'm usually on the other side of the camera. Below is a piece of one on the roof of the GE building in Manhattan.

I'ev been collecting watches for much of my adult life. Even before I conciously started collecting I was already buying and hoarding them. Most of those were disposable fashion watches however. I didn't truly start collecting seriously until I looking for a replacement for my grandfather's old watch from when I was a kid, which he had given to me and which was accidentally lost. The watch ended up being a seiko brown bullhead. Discovering it led me to the SCWF many years ago (back when the site was still largely about technical topics), and the rest is as they say, history. I collect mainly Japanese watches and have a strong focus on vintage sport divers.

Attachments

#14 ·

I'm the one with the cigar. ;) ;D ;) ;D

;) ;) Just kidding. I don't have many pictures of myself where I'm not holding up numbers. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, I'm mostly behind the camera and not in front of it.

Here's one with my parents at Thanksgiving about two years ago.

Cheers!
Mike

#16 ·

This is me in some Balinese paddy field, close to Ubud (wearing a Seiko SHC063). I am a trained carpenter, at the moment I'm finishing my M.Sc. in geology. I live in Germany, close to Cologne. I like Citizens, Seikos, travelling and, of course, Football. I came to SCWF via another big forum a couple of weeks ago and I like it :)

#17 ·

Here I am posing next to a giant Douglas Fir in Yellowstone NP. To help with the scale a little bit, I am 6'8" tall and weigh 260lbs. That is a large tree. Oh, and I appear to be wearing my Pulsar Solar diver.

#18 ·

Pin said:
I wonder how many here remember what those two ring things behind the Zippo are?

My father used to wear them ;)

Peter are the two rings slipped over a mans shirt and held above the elbow on the outside of the shirt?

#19 ·

TheTigerUK said:
A few year back when i was a Special in the Leicester police force (SPC18) ;D

Good evening Constable,Letsbeavenue then.LoL.
I love it John.

#20 ·

My brother marks got me hooked on seikos last October. been hooked since and now have 11 watches. This is me a couple of Christmas's ago and I do believe I have my dressy Citizen on. cant see it but it is there. ;)

#21 ·

Hi, my name is John, and I am a Seikoholic :D

I have met alot of nice people from all over the world through this great hobby and I look forward to meeting many more. A big THANK YOU to the people behind this great forum, to all the moderators and to the nice people taking time to answer questions directly via e-mail. I really appreciate the great work You are doing 8)

Here I am wearing my Tuna Can. I try to focus on collecting Seiko diver´s, but I am guilty in buying MANY other Seiko´s ;D

#23 ·

TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Peter are the two rings slipped over a mans shirt and held above the elbow on the outside of the shirt?
Bingo! yes indeed, Neil....they were my dad's...he used to wear them sitting at his desk ..in those days, many men wore them to hold their long sleeve white shirt cuffs up...hahaha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.