The Watch Site banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts
Re: New Forum,New Members,Its been a while.SCWF Members show yourselves...>>>

Hi all!

Jaime from the Philippines. 42 years ancient. Addicted to Seikos for about since 1994 but that really should be longer since Seikos are like a national watch over here.

Im also an amatuer watch something something and like to assemble my own handwinds using Elgin pocket watch movements.

Im an IT Professional, an advocate for Good Governance here and on my free time I work to advocate the United Nations Millenium Development Goals.

Apologies for the pict. Clearly Im not wearing a Seiko when they took this picture for campaign with the UN. Didnt realise until they posted it on a website that I looked like I was selling the watch! For the record its my beater sandoz sub.

Good to be back!

Attachments

I am Zoodles...

Okay... er...Mark

39 going on 40 and afflicted with this WIS bug bad!
Here I am:

I have a History degree and certification in Physiotherapy which led to a career in medical sales. Now I have my own sales agency. I have been with my lovely wife 15 years now and she tolerates this hobby with some of my other ones...
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Zoodles95/Chevelle/July%2010%202009%20cruise%20and%20picnic/DSCF4713.jpg

My favourite watch?

Name's Gerry, 37, based in the Philippines where Seikos, Citizens and Orients abound, and Swiss-brand watches are insanely expensive. I teach English at a university and write and edit on the side. I collect mostly modern Japanese divers. Like a number of other members, I have very few photos of myself since I'm more often the photographer. This pic was taken during my daughter's first birthday, the little girl's hand is obscuring her dad's Alba Blue Manta.

I am the handsome guy on the left in the light blue shirt, this pic was from about 1990, I don't have any decent ones more recent. Who takes their own pic?!

I am poywatch aka boomtown (real name Jim) and have frequented this forum since 2002 with many posts in the "old days" and less recently. I live in the U.S. in the Central West Coast of Florida for the past 41 years. Married for 40 years to the only woman who would put up with me. We have one adult son and one 5 year old grandson. Graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Marketing and minor in Psychology. I am the owner and sole employee of a commercial real estate leasing and management company. Real Estate of any type in Florida is the pits right now so my disposable income for watches is at low ebb. I used to collect vintage and high-end Swiss, but in 2001 started accumulating mainly JDM Seiko, Citizen, and Orient. I now (since the Great Recession) also collect some desirable Chinese specimens (mainly Sea-Gull). My picture is in my avatar, but here is another one. I like others here have very few pictures of myself other than those taken with my webcam.

Chan from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Just received my retirement fund last week.....woo hoo :p enough fund to add more seiko to my collection.

Frankfurt Germany April.2008

Chende China Feb.2008, me and my wife

Hello, everyone...Colby here.

My forum name comes from the movie "Being There", namely its title character, Chance the Gardener.

I'm not a horribly frequent poster but I have been hanging around now for four years or so. I mainly make a nuisance of myself over on PMWF, so you guys don't have to worry about my foolishness. Anyhoo, I make my living supervising newspaper distribution over a two-county area in north-central North Carolina, and this is a picture of me sitting at my desk just a few moments ago, striking the pose that all WIS apparently love to assume...

Discussion starter · #52 ·

Chance said:
Hello, everyone...Colby here.

My forum name comes from the movie "Being There", namely its title character, Chance the Gardener.

I'm not a horribly frequent poster but I have been hanging around now for four years or so. I mainly make a nuisance of myself over on PMWF, so you guys don't have to worry about my foolishness. Anyhoo, I make my living supervising newspaper distribution over a two-county area in north-central North Carolina, and this is a picture of me sitting at my desk just a few moments ago, striking the pose that all WIS apparently love to assume...

[/quote]

Colby Great choice of Watch,Nice Blue Revo....Mines gone awol in the post im afraid.

LUW said:
I'm from Brazil, though I did live in the US for a few years. I'm a Pediatrician and always liked watches, but only really got into watches since 2008. Then I discovered the online forums and it has been a downhill trip ever since... :eek:

Here's me and the one and a half people that make me a better person :) . This was December 31st 2009, at a hotel we were staying for New Year's Eve. The pic isn't close enough, but we're both wearing a Mido.

[img]
Me and the heir to all my watches, at the dinner party that night :D .

[/center][/quote]

Good to see fellow brazilians, Luciano! 8) I'm brazilian, too. I live in Sao Paulo, capital. If you live here, too, we could get together one of these days and have a mini WIS meet.
Boy, it feels weird speaking (writing) english with a fellow countryman, LOL!

Regards,
CHRIS
P.S.: Luciano, dá uma olhada nesse fĂłrum - [url=http://www.relogiosmecanicos.com.br]www.relogiosmecanicos.com.br[/url]. É muito bacana....lá tem vários seikĂłfilos, tb. Eu sou cadastrado lá.​

Hey all. Its kinda strange to put a face to the members. 8)
So I'm kinda still a newbie here, from the home of acclaimed Jazz/comedy/film/ festivals, newly revived Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal,Quebec,Canada.
I've always loved watches, especially the divers/chronos. Gadget freak/geek. :p
I had a few pieces already, but no real direction. Tags,Omegas,Seiko's,Timex,Casio,Citizen, some of which I don't have anymore.
But stumbled upon WUS, and fell for an orange monster in mid Dec. Joined up a few forums and caught the bug. I stumbled upon SCWF by accident, on pursuit of my grail Orient yellow poseidon, I discovered the allure of Seiko. I'm all about the vintage divers and most in general.
I'm a bit on a G thing as of late, but I think that will pass until I get one. But you never know. ::)
I've acquired about 30 pieces, since Jan, and more to come. ::) I CAN'T STOP. Please help? ??? hehe.
I'm usually behind the camera, but here's a cool one. ;)
On a trip to London, UK. couple years back. I had been a fan of an artist called Banksy. This great street graffitti artist had gained high acclaim and notoriety in the past few years. While I was there, he had a group exhibition along other colleagues in this genre.
So, here's a pic with me in one of his pieces from the Leake Street exhibit in London. I'm the one in the ape suit. LOL. :p Enjoy.
Here's link to the art show on Leake Street in London, UK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_mWOwlE8M4
I think this place is great, and full of great people, who are friendly,helpful,knowledgeable, and big time collectors with a gift for enabling those who wander here. LOL. Big thanks. ;D hehe.

Cheers, Dave.

This is me and the wife in front of the Capital Bldg in DC during July 4th. I'll be heading out to North Carolina next month, and be stationed there for the next 2 years or so. This picture just barely cuts off my SBBN007 Tuna that I wear religiously in my rotation. I wore a G-Shock Frogman for my first Iraq tour, a Suunto for my second tour (actually used the compass and altimeter for ad hoc navigation and communication site placement), then got transfered to a Marine Corps Special Operations unit for two years...started getting back into the water with amphib operations...and now wear (Seiko) dive watches religiously. I'm going to be attached to a more "desk diving" type of command in North Carolina. I'm sure the other officers there are gonna want to impress me with their shiny, pedestrian, Swiss watches ;D . I hump a 70lb pack, toss weights in the gym, fin 1000m in the Pacific, and shower/sleep with mine...I'm sure they don't with theirs ;) .

tcps760 said:
This is me and the wife in front of the Capital Bldg in DC during July 4th. I'll be heading out to North Carolina next month, and be stationed there for the next 2 years or so. This picture just barely cuts off my SBBN007 Tuna that I wear religiously in my rotation. I wore a G-Shock Frogman for my first Iraq tour, a Suunto for my second tour (actually used the compass and altimeter for ad hoc navigation and communication site placement), then got transfered to a Marine Corps Special Operations unit for two years...started getting back into the water with amphib operations...and now wear (Seiko) dive watches religiously. I'm going to be attached to a more "desk diving" type of command in North Carolina. I'm sure the other officers there are gonna want to impress me with their shiny, pedestrian, Swiss watches ;D . I hump a 70lb pack, toss weights in the gym, fin 1000m in the Pacific, and shower/sleep with mine...I'm sure they don't with theirs ;) .

[/quote]

Ha ha great post! :)

Hey all, some of ya know me some of ya don't. Ex-pat New Yawker living in Florida (just north of Orlando). I blame this sickness partially on Bob at MWR. The only serious watch I ever bought was a Citizen C80 Wingman that I couldn't afford. Wore it every day for 13 years and beat the living crap out of it. The last time the battery died I decided it was time for something new. I was obsessed with the idea of Tritium which led from looking at Luminox to a Marathon TSAR to MWR to a link to MKII. Saw a moded BM on Bill's site and it's been downhill ever since. 5 years into it and now...3x7s26, 5x6309, 1x6105, 1x7002, 2x6139, 2x6138, where will it end... :D

Me and my baby bro at Seaworld (down from NYC) at the Shamu show a couple of days right before that trainer was killed.

Poor kid. A baskeball junkie like me and for the entire duration of his brief time of fandom the Knicks have been a joke. At least he can root for the Magic too. As to how I have a 13 year old brother just shy of my 47th birthday...well that's a story for another time... :-X

BTW, that's my prized 6105-8110 on my wrist. Still cannot convince the kid of the need to wear a watch. If he only knew how quickly I would happily hand him a fully restored 6309...

Same watch mirror inverted...

Hello all - here's a fairly recent pic of myself (no watch that day, but it will have to do :D ) My hubby and I were hiking up in the mountains in Big Pine, CA. Roughly around 10,000 altitude there were a series of lakes that were just breathtaking.

I didn't have a picture of us both together, so here's a separate pic of my husband. My husband was wearing his Military Tudor Snowflake (again, not pictured but I snuck in some wristshots on the home video without him knowing - he was quite happy when we watched it later on)

And, here's a nice view of the first lake.... the turquoise water was beautiful. Great times!!!!

41 - 60 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.