The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D Received my newest addition - the Perpetual Calendar 200M diver SBCM023 from Seiya yesterday. (Sorry, no pics yet). I've wanted one of these for some time, but always put it on the back burner instead buying Sumo's, Samy's, BM's, and OM's. Well, none of those are in the box anymore, but I think the SBCM023 might just stick around for a long time.

First impressions - well, it's a little smaller than I thought, but well within my acceptance size. I kinda like a smaller diver these days. Fit and finish is up to the usual Prospex standards. The seconds hand hits each and every mark. The bezel is nice a tight, but not overly so. The crown is very nicely done and is easily gripped (not that there is much need to after setting it).

The bracelet is also nicely done, and doesn't feel cheap at all. I believe someone in an earlier post thought different, but I'm telling you it ain't so. And, it comes with four fine adjustment settings on the clasp - the joy! The diver's extension feels a little under-done, but I'm probably not going to use that much anyway. And, as always my one complaint - those damn those pins and collars. Took me a good 45 minutes to adjust the bracelet. One of the collars would not snap back on the pin.

The other main reasons I bought this model was the 8F35 high-frequency quartz movement. The fact that this won't need any servicing for a long time when it'll need a battery change, and the fact that I can just pull this baby out of the watch box and put it on, is very nice.

All-in-all a very nice piece at a very reasonable price. Seiya as usual was great to deal with. I'm also really enjoying the 2009/2010 he generally sends with his orders.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have always toyed with the idea of getting that watch. Do the lumed indices look as shiny in person as they do in all the picture I have seen? Anyway, I do like that watch and like you I prefer smaller dive watches. Or maybe more appropriately, less huge and more normal proportioned dive watches.

Mike

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratualtions
Great watch. Fits really nicely and keeps great time, spot on.

Bracelet wears really well and easy to size.

Got mine from Seiya-san as well.
Last pic is from his website. First two are mine.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ah, another Little Ninja owner haha! Catalin just got his too and loves the HEQ model (he has enormous knowledge on HEQ watches! and decided to give it a name haha!
I recently got the Seiko 8F56 Landtrek and is my daily watch! Our batteries are the 8-10 year ones!!! Accuracy at +-20 seconds/YEAR! Enjoy the watch ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been a while since I've posted - lots of changes! Wow! :eek: Didn't even recognize the forum....

Congrats Mike! These are great watches, I have two, one Pepsi and the other a twin to yours - unbelievably accurate and they wear great. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts