The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted the orange dial for my tsunami, but none was available until now. About time.
I'm tapped out, I'd love to get the orange dial. :(

Some eye candy. ;)
Noah just posted these on wus, hope he don't mind. These are samples, but are gonna be killer IMO. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LUW said:
Dave, any idea how dark is that blue one in real life? Is it lighter then the Sumo blue?
Hi Luciano, I've never seen these live or until now. Brand new off the press.
I'm not sure if its similar to the Sumo blue. Hard to tell color pics as monitors are subjective.
I'm thinking I'd like to change up my dial, but worried about the water proofing. :(
I'm glad there is color selection now as it was intended. I'm early adopter, thats the price we pay for not being patient.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Money... ::)

For that same reason that I thought and thought and it makes sense to get a Tsunami before I get a 6039. You see, I don't see myself as a collector, so I can't have a watch just because it's historically important. I like watches, very much, and of course history has a great appeal to me, but the more important thing to me is what I see and feel when I look at my watch box, so looks have a real important role. So far I don't have any cushion case diver in my box, and since for me money does not grow on trees either, I have to be parsimonious in my buyings. With that in mind, do to the possible (probable?) rarity of the Tsunami in the future, it would be smarter to first guarantee one and only then worry if my box is big enough for a second cushion case diver. So I decided to get a Tsunami along this year (when I round up the cash :eek: ) but I have yet to decide what I want in terms of options. Go historically accurate as possible or go exclusively for good looks ::) ?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Luciano, you gotta get what you like and want. If your not into historical, then get whatever makes you happiest.
Thats the beauty of tsunami. The customizing is as you want, to a point. But now with these dials, more options for sure.
I'm just torn whether to switch up my dial for an orange.
Can't wait to see what you choose and come up with. ;)

Dave.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Knowing me, I'll probably go with something conventional ::) . It definitively won't be the PVD case, because I'm almost ordering the Cave Dweller II in all black, and have a hardon for the Steinhart Triton 100 ATM black, I'm just waiting for the matching all-black bracelet version to be available. So for the Tsunami I'll maybe go with the blue dial with a regular bezel or just the regular case and bezel with maybe the regular black dial or even maybe the frog dial. If the frog dial had the XW brand written on it it would be a no-brainer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts