The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I found this board through buying parts from Harold and loved the respect level here for new comers. I thought I'd share my up to date watch collection and my new arrival of my 6309. My love for Seikos started out when I saw a modded skx007 with Monster dial. After that I couldn't stop. As you can see I love custom watches :) I got a great deal on my blue Samurai and thought I had a great deal for the white sammy, but in the end I didn't. But thats for another post ;)

Now for the 6309, the seller stated it was a 7040, but after taking pictures and using the macro function. its a 7049. Whats the difference between the two? I checked out the resource guide on how to buy a 6309 and from my eyes the dial an bezel seem legit, but would love an expert just to confirm. Also how does the original bracelet look like and is mine an og or aftermarket? Thanks for any help and enjoy the pictures.
KVN

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to SCWF!

The 7040 was sold in Japan and the rest of the world, while the 7049 was exported to North America. Yours is one of the later ones with the long text at the bottom of the dial, non-suwa-symbol version. Looks original to me. If the writing on he dial is in silver paint (except for the "water resist") it surely is. Bezel insert could possibly be aftermarket. I'm not sure but the lume dot loks a bit small. I'll leave that for the real experts.
Crown and caseback look good, too! These watches were not sold on bracelets (at least I never heard of that) but on rubber straps. Many people mount a Seiko (or other) bracelet, though.

I think you have a nice example with sharp edges and the original finish! 6309 divers are great watches, enjoy yours!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi KVN,

Congratulations on the 6309. I think the advice you got in the post above mine is solid. Great collection you've got going there. I'm quite new to the hobby as well. Welcome aboard! Post often!! The more you post the more you learn. Dont be shy and congrats on the 6309! Here is mine on Harolds Anvil. The rubber Z-22 Seiko strap is the closest to the original GL831 it would have originally come on. Looks like you have it on a jubilee bracelet now. While many love that bracelet it's a bit flimsy for me. I like a more solid bracelet. Or Strap. Actually I will post mine on the Z-22 here for you as well.

Actually I messed around with a Bond strap for my Sammie Here is a few pics in case you get bored with the ti bracelet...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
KVN said:
thanks everyone. Btw any chance the crystal can be saved?
Sure but it's not worth the time and effort. Fellow member Swedefreak sells a spectacular 1:1 reproduction mineral crystal, as well as the best domed custom,e crystal I've seen fit to this case. Member Yobokies also sells Sapphire replacements (domed and flat) for this case. IIRC, so does Noah Fuller, but I don't know whether his store is or will remain open. BUying a new replacement and installing it is a lot easier than refinishing the old hardlex and the price are cheap enough to make it worth your while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are very astute. The people here are great and everyone is treated very nicely. There are no watch snobs here! Welcome aboard.
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts