The Watch Site banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inheritated SEIKO SQ4004 4633-5009 (1976), which was owned by my grandfather. I want to make it run again. Unfortunately the clockwork wasn`t running after changing a new battery. I was searching for an new clockwork, or also a used one in good condition.
Does anybody has a clue, where I could find one?

Thanks a lot.
Chris

·
Special Member
5,409 Posts
Those have not been made in a long time. I can’t recall seeing one that’s NOS either. Your best option is post in the trader section or one of the auction sites for a donor watch.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I inheritated SEIKO SQ4004 4633-5009 (1976), which was owned by my grandfather. I want to make it run again. Unfortunately the clockwork wasn`t running after changing a new battery. I was searching for an new clockwork, or also a used one in good condition.
Does anybody has a clue, where I could find one?

Thanks a lot.
Chris
There may be nothing wrong with the original movement other than dried up lube stopping it running, or at the very worst either an open circuit coil or a faulty circuit board......... Parts can be salvaged from a similar watch, though sadly the days of picking up a beat up but running 4004 on eBay for about £10 are long gone.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts