The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from Aus. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with info about the crystal for the latest bell-matic I've picked up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415303920.079249.jpg

It's a 4006-6060 that I got with a package of junk - actually the bell-matic was the only reason for buying it.

The crystal was quite scratched and the original bracelet a bit bent and missing some link pins. I hand polished the crystal with various grades of diamond paste till it shows off the beautiful blue dial nicely, but there are some small cracks around the edge and a new crystal would really sort it out.

Can anyone help out with the part number and advice about whether the crystal from one of the more common bell-matics is the same. If so, a source would be great, but perhaps unlikely.

The bracelet is quite nice and should straighten up but I'll have to drop into my watch guy and see if he has any 9-10mm end link pins (this is what it uses to join the removable links). In the meantime it's on an old leather strap.

Everything works and it's keeping reasonable time overnight so I'm happy.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Stefan used to have Bellmatic crystals in stock but I do not see one now, I think many Bells share the same crystal.

Cousins have a Sternkreuz equivalent but I can not vouch for its profile, sometimes the Sternkreuz are a little square;-
Glass, Steel, Seiko 325T02ANS0 (Sternkreuz XAC326.534)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pollyc. I'll take a look at cousins but my guess is their international shipping will amount to more than the value of the crystal.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hi tritto,

ALL calibre 4006 Bell-Matic models share the 325T02AN crystal. The only Bell-Matic models that do use a different crystal (325T04AN) are the rare calibre 4005 date-only watches.

The SK crystals as mentioned by Mike have a different profile and sometimes are hard to fit, but should do the job. If the tension ring is ok, you could also purchase a NOS one with a gold ring and swap it with the one you have currently installed in your Belle.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi tritto,

ALL calibre 4006 Bell-Matic models share the 325T02AN crystal. The only Bell-Matic models that do use a different crystal (325T04AN) are the rare calibre 4005 date-only watches.

The SK crystals as mentioned by Mike have a different profile and sometimes are hard to fit, but should do the job. If the tension ring is ok, you could also purchase a NOS one with a gold ring and swap it with the one you have currently installed in your Belle.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

Best
Hermann
Thanks Herman. It's good to know the part number and that all 4006s share the same crystal - that should help set up a search.

Cheers,
Tristan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts