The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this Seiko 8229-6020 Sports 100 quartz. I'm not too fond about the style of the band it came with and want to replace it with another Seiko bracelet. I'm thinking a jubilee design, as those are my favorites. Any suggestions? It's 20mm. Would love to see photos. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Don't often suggest swapping bracelets and that one looks fine to me.

Jubilees are nice but still think the orig one matches better.

Can't really throw in an engineer or something on that if it absolutely had to be something else I'd go with a rubber or nato

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original band on the watch has quite a bit of gunk lodged between the links from years of use. Any suggestions on how to clean the bracelet and remove the grime?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Soak it in warm water with liquid Dawn dish soap and a quick squirt of Windex. After 20 mins brush with SOFT toothbrush. If you have an ultrasonic jewelery bath, do that as a second step.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would get some "flitz" for polishing. It can get messy but you can rinse it off.

Others use cape cod cloths.

And I don't have a pro ultra sonic cleaner but my ebay ultrasonic cleaner has done right by me for a long time.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
The original band on the watch has quite a bit of gunk lodged between the links from years of use. Any suggestions on how to clean the bracelet and remove the grime?
Try something called "Krud Kutter" I get it at Home Depot or Lowe's. It is the best detergent/degreaser/solvent that I've ever used. Rinse well. I finish up in my cheap ultrasonic jewelry cleaner with regular jewelry cleaner. The cleaned cases and bands come out good-as-new. Be careful, Krud Kutter removes paint ...Don't use it to clean hands and dials!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I decided to remove the stainless bracelet for a good cleaning. Meanwhile, I put this cheap black canvas strap on as a placeholder. I like the look quite a bit, so I may keep it on for a while.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts