The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into this on Chino's blog and I don't think anyone's posted it yet. New automaitc version of The Citizen. Nice but expensive:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Saw that post at Chino the other night, but I was half asleep and it didn't sink in properly...

Auto - interesting. They're a little small for my tastes nowadays, though, (37mm) - the same size as the A660 Chronomaster. I like this style better than the newer generations, they have gorgeous individually applied minute markers (60 of them!), like some Grand Seiko models.... here's the text from Chino - wonder what else uses this movement - an eco-drive one would be good (it's in some Campanolas) as the rest have to go to Japan for service...

Citizen will release New Automatic"THE CITIZEN"
on 5/28/2010 since 30 years.
The movement is Cal0910 with 28,800 vivrations/day.
Accuracy -5~+10seconds/day.
With 42 hours power reserve.
With handwindings.
CTY57-1271 with white dial.
CTY57-1272 with black dial.
SS case and bracelet
10bar water resistance.
Citizen says All parts of these watches shold be
made by Citizen as "Manufuctured"
Sapphireglass
thick 11.3mm
diameter 37mm
MSRP is 294,000JPY.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Very nice foray into high grade mechanical watches. I still prefer the HEQ A660 Chronomaster if given the choice. O0

·
Registered
232 Posts
mhmm love the size... 11.3mm thick! YEAH! Finally a proportionate auto : ) Super sharp looking watch pricey though.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
294,000 JPY is around USD $3,200. Not terribly bad. If you can get a 25% off discount, you can land one for around USD $2,400.

Still the A660 quartz Chronomaster (SS model) is cheaper at around $2K.

37mm is indeed small. Reason #1 why I never felt too compelled to pull the trigger on one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like an interesting movement from Citizen. It's an 80th year anniversary edition, hence the hefty price. The same 9015 movement will appear in the Benarus Remora dive watch, hopefully under $1k for those wanting to see the movement up close (whoever buys it, please take some macro shots of the movement. I'm begging you). Can't wait to see this movement appear in Citizen's regular line of watches, probably not until the 80th year is over.

If you dig The Citizen's look but not the price, check out the Seiko SARB035.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts