The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just published on article on the Seiko SilverWave...trying to continue with giving some air time to (most of) our favortie brand. :) We will see what the reaction is as this is certainly not a well known piece outside of us Seiko nerds!

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.fratellowatches.com/seiko-silverwave-697990-explained/

Cheers!
Mike

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
A good read, many thanks for posting. Everyone wants a 62mas or 6105 but the Silverwave is a forerunner to them and is often forgotten.

Here's mine... won on Ebay last year:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good read, many thanks for posting. Everyone wants a 62mas or 6105 but the Silverwave is a forerunner to them and is often forgotten.

Here's mine... won on Ebay last year:

Thanks and that's a great piece!!! One sold yesterday for a lowly $355...likely due to it being located in Vietnam. It looked like a stunner though.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I enjoyed the article Mike, thanks. My silverwave, also from '64, has a very similar dial patina to yours, quite attractive I think once you get used to it.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
It's nice to see the tsunami wave on both of ours is still very clear. It seems these are often almost completely worn away.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A nice piece, well written about one of my favourite Seikos. I'd have appreciated some information about the six different iterations of Silverwave but that's just me being picky. :)

Cmon Duncan, the way it works is that I find the pieces (like that small crown 62MAS) and you dole out all the history!

Thanks btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts