The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
ah, the special order version...fantastic...tell me your options on that one...more traditional choice? crown? only 2 ridged bezel?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Chris, amazing! I'm still loving mine!! i definately think it rates amongst my best watches! i keep admiring it on my wrist and thimking to myself "bloody hell that part of the watch is so well thought out!" i cannot fault mine. i'm loving the pvd version but standard stainless brush finish for me! number 069/100 salutes your new piece,John.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thianwong said:
ah, the special order version...fantastic...tell me your options on that one...more traditional choice? crown? only 2 ridged bezel?
Hey Thian....good to hear from you, brother! :)

Ray-Ban tan sapphire;
2 ridged bezel.

Yes, I always go for the traditional look regarding the Tsunami. Both my st. steel are what you could call the modern 6309-7040. The PVD is exactly-like. Only difference is that it's black, LOL! The PVD treatment is OUTSTANDING! Very very good quality. One has to manipulate the bezel on this watch to truly apreciate it. The same can be said about the crown, which takes endless turns to get completely snugged against the case. Buttery smooth bezel and crown.

This watch is on par with the Marine Master - it's no exaggeration from my part. I know it's a 6R15 movement, against the 8L35 from the MM, but regarding the case and components parts, they stand toe to toe w/ the MM, IMHO.

Thanks for the compliments, George. Appreciated, man. ;)

·
Administrator
30,098 Posts
Here's the chromed brother....

That looks good in the original configuration Chris, not quite so taken by the PVD though but it does make it look like a no nonsense tool watch.

ps: Don't forget the will !! :))

·
Registered
862 Posts
The pic fourth down from the top is my favorite one. That pic really catches the essence of that watch for me. I have to say man, I Love it. It's awesome. Normally, I would have liked the SS one better but that pvd look is really growing on me the more I look at the pics. Sweet addition Bro! Jealous. Man I am shocked what this post did to me. I think I want one. NOW! Ha ha

·
Registered
862 Posts
What happens if the pvd scratches? Any insight on that. I've never been drawn to it before. This is going to turn into my next grail. Oh geez. Here I go again! It never ends!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Chris, that pvd is awesome. 8)
I dig it. More I see the pvd version Tsunami, more I like it.
Is there a UDT in the cards for you in the near future? lol. The UDT dial/hands, and froggy caseback is way cool.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Congrats Chris, this one is a beauty. The flat vent rubber strap matches perfectly in my opinion. Very very 8)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mario, Boston J, Tiger, Dave, Blue.....thank you so much for the compliments, guys! But the credit is all Noah's and Jake's, really. They are the brainchildren behind the project. It's all their concept. All I did was placing an order - my 3rd straight!

Did I mention I like the Tsunami? LOL!

Once again, thank you for the compliments, gang!
Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, bro! Your opinion is highly regarded by me. Please, show off that awesome Tsunami of yours, too. Let's get them Tsunamis together, y'all! A tsunami of Tsunamis, hehehe....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts