The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about the Seiko 7c46-60xx aka Ashtray lately made me want one badly and I never understood why I didn't get one when chronograph sold some old stocks in year 2007: http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli_viewItem.asp?idproduct=2328. Today a few minutes ago my Postman brought me this:

It's still in very nice condition and even the original rubber strap (Z 22) is still soft and flexible.

I love it! Thanks for looking...

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
well sir you have a incredible watch..great find...they are a must have i think...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They are truly like buses - thats 3 that have turned up new on here in a month or so.

Alas - looks like mine is the beater of the bunch - you're 2 are in much better nick

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks also to link to chronograph. So it was bead blasted ss. Made me always confused with the titanium one. Finally all the pieces fall into place grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Congratulations Mario, fantastic condition and looks amazing.

The serial number makes a lot of sense now in relation to your date question earlier. Obviously sample cases are created first for sales people to demonstrate to retailers. This would give enough time to show customers before determining the required initial production demand before launch in March.

Did it come to you complete or was it just the sample case and you had to locate a movement for it?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks for the kind comments :)

It's cousin says 'hello!'

Very nice :cool:

Very nice
Pls tell us the story of how you got it
Ok but it will be a short story. This Ashtray was listed on a local (european) forum since a few weeks. Unfortunately I didn't have the funds when it was listed so it took me some time to raise funds and at the end I flipped my CWC Royal Navy auto diver for it :rolleyes:

Congratulations Mario, fantastic condition and looks amazing.

The serial number makes a lot of sense now in relation to your date question earlier. Obviously sample cases are created first for sales people to demonstrate to retailers. This would give enough time to show customers before determining the required initial production demand before launch in March.

Did it come to you complete or was it just the sample case and you had to locate a movement for it?
Thank you. It came complete in fully working condition and the previous owner also bought it in fully working condition. Anyway I'm going to look for a set of gaskets to have it pressure tested soon and I really wonder if Seiko (Germany) would hesitate to work on it just because it is or was a salesman sample...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts