The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know what you're thinking.....isn't this the same guy that posted his Citizen 300m titanium diver and then sold it because he was moving away from divers?!

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/79266-new-arrival-rare-80-s-jdm-citizen-300m-titanium-quartz-diver.html

Well yes.....but ever since Anthony posted his 80's Citizen catalogue and Brigalow his collection I was always intrigued by the "Night Diver" version of the rare Citizen 300m titanium diver. Having never come across one in 2+ years of searching, however, I concluded that it was "hen's teeth" and one that would stay on my unobtainium wish list.

Its funny how sometimes when you stop looking for something, it suddenly pops up.

When I miraculously found this one, I convinced myself that I needed a diver that was smaller than my 6105/6306's, monsoon season is right around the corner, and well, its cheaper than a Heuer Night Diver so...

Before I knew it was mine and off it went to my favorite watchmaker who cleaned, replaced the battery and water pressure-tested it.

Its a very 80's watch, but I prefer straps that taper at the buckle so I fitted it on a 22mm/16mm swiss tropic strap to give it a more vintage feel. It also works well with on my 6306's gl831.

As I wrote in my previous write-up, the "jagged edge" bezel on these divers are very cool and the Delorean grayish-silver titanium case makes these very light and comfortable for a 300m rated diver

The lumed dial ("Night Diver") style is a very good change of pace from your regular black dial divers. I'm not sure why more brands didn't produce these style of dials. The only other non-Citizen Night Diver I'm aware of is the Heuer Night Diver series, including the one that Tony Dalton wore in one of the Bond films. The stark contrast between the black and greenish-white dial gives it a very distinct, stealth character. I love how the jet black seconds hand moves very crisply and the beautifully shaped outlined index markers at 6, 9 and 12.

Anyways enough writing...I'm lazy these days and take all pics with my iPhone, please excuse the lack of focus…also, I don't know how to get my iPhone to focus properly in the dark so no lume pic...yet.

Enjoy!!

IMG_2246 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2306 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2333 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2322 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2323 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2312 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2314 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2319 by ghwatch, on Flickr

IMG_2327 by ghwatch, on Flickr

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice one! Seems very sturdy with the beatblasted case... And quartz movement.

Enjoy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
gorgeous watch...great find

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
That's nice! In an understated sort of way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't get why every company discontinues night divers, people's like black faces too much. They're so cool and Citizen always discontinues good watches. They should just be called "Discontizen" at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts