The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is!I am absolutely loving this watch!!:001_tt1: I'll confess, I like it much, much better than my previous stainless steel Citizen Skyhawk AT. This is also my first Titanium/Duratect watch..... Soooooo light and comfortable!. Less than 104g after 4 bracelet links were removed during sizing. The fit and finish is outstanding! I highly recommend it:w00t: Some pics.... You may start drooling now:drool:
Ignore the time and the fact that Tokyo is shown as the "Home City". The correct time and date should sync with the WWVB atomic clock radio signal coming out of Ft. Collins, Colorado sometime later tonight...[img]If you are familiar with the caliber U600 module found in the Skyhawk AT series, there is really no additional learning curve with the U680 module in these JDM Citizens. Added benefits of this revised module are ability to receive atomic clock radio signal in China and increased power reserve to 3.5 years.Check out the beautiful bracelet and side profile...[img]The clasp is simple, yet elegant....[img]Looks and feels great on the wrist. The sides of the case are brushed.[img]Sapphire crystal with AR coating. The clean and well organized dial makes reading the time easy on the eyes... The LCD digital displays have the same exact orange glow backlight as found in the Skyhawk AT..[img]The non-screw down crown and push buttons are smooth as silk...[img]At 43mm case width, it looks and feels great on my "Japanese sized" wrists...[img][img]This is a very elegantly and understated watch. The solid case back is lightly engraved. The "scissor" styled fold over clasp is machined..[img]Attention to detail is the name of the game in the JDM Citizen Attesa series. This is yet another of my absolute favorite features of this watch:[img]Take a good look at the inside of the clasp assembly.... Do you see a grooving inside of the clasp? When you push both clasp release buttons, you can quickly "micro-adjust" the clasp on the fly. This is great for those hot and humid Miami days when my wrist tends to swell. Why Citizen does not offer anything like this in their US watch lineup?:confused1:[/font]

[font=tahoma][font=Tahoma]Another interesting tid bit about this Attesa is that it complies with JIS Type-1 (Japanese Industrial Standards) antimagnetic watch, able to withstand a direct-current field of 4,800 A/m. It is able to maintain its time functionality as close as 5cm away from devices that generate a magnetic field during normal use.[/font][/font]

[font=tahoma]The instruction manual (By the way, very well written) comes in Japanese and English. Also enclosed, a dealer stamped 1 year Citizen International Guarantee booklet.[/font]

[font=tahoma]Hope you enjoyed this little visual tour of this wonderful watch.:biggrin:[/font]

·
Registered
772 Posts
Congrats! drool indeed. The design is amazing. Love those hands
This is such a great watch. Wears light and yet great wrist presence. Top notch in my book ;)

Mine salutes yours. Very close cousin they are ;D

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Nice one. I like that it has some size to it. I really liked the Oceanus, but they just seemed too thin for my taste. Its a shame these are so pricey.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice mini I sold my Atessa the all DLC predecessor to this model....the double AR sapphire was something to behold. Enjoy the gadgetry I had a short love affair with it but it's still cool!

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbdan said:
Nice mini I sold my Atessa the all DLC predecessor to this model....the double AR sapphire was something to behold. Enjoy the gadgetry I had a short love affair with it but it's still cool!

Dan, I do remember your Attesa from before. That version with the U600 and Perfex Multi 3000 is still being made. I like the "futuristic" looks of the original version. But I figured the U680/Perfex Multi 3000 is more "future proof" plus the added better power reserve and China sync (not that I am planning to go anytime soon) made the decision a little easier.

Great watches overall and decidedly a notch above similar US versions.

·
Registered
232 Posts
minidriver said:
Dan, I do remember your Attesa from before. That version with the U600 and Perfex Multi 3000 is still being made. I like the "futuristic" looks of the original version. But I figured the U680/Perfex Multi 3000 is more "future proof" plus the added better power reserve and China sync (not that I am planning to go anytime soon) made the decision a little easier.

Great watches overall and decidedly a notch above similar US versions.
Yes Frank I agree yours is certainly more future proof in the styling dept. They are really great watches full of useful stuff. Every watch should come standard with their proprietary ratcheting 3 posi clasp adjustment. They are are 2 notches above similar US versions in my eyes ;)

Enjoy the gadgetry!

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nhoJ said:
Nice one. I like that it has some size to it. I really liked the Oceanus, but they just seemed too thin for my taste. Its a shame these are so pricey.

Thanks, John. I would say this Attesa is about the same exact size as my Orient World Timer CFA. This Citizen its got nice and understated wrist presence.

You know that I have never been a fan of titanium, but Citizen does not make these in SS. Titanium + duractect does add to the sticker price considerably. But so far, I like it very much and the watch is hardly felt on the wrist.

I have read great things about the Oceanus line, but for some reason I just can't warm up to them. I guess it is my unreasonable "prejudice" regarding them being sub $1,000 Casios. And of course they use Titanium to jack up the prices by at least $200-$300. These JDM Citizen R/Cs compete very well with the similarly priced Casio Oceanus (The Manta is more expensive than any JDM Attesa). I also checked into Seiko's JDM Brightz solar Radio Controlled watches, but the prices are much higher than either Citizen or Oceanus and quite frankly, was not impressed with their looks and/or feature set.

My Attesa synced perfectly to the WWVB radio tower last night and reports a "high" signal strength reception which is the same experience I had my U600 Skyhawk AT.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the honeycomb dial pattern in yours 8)

Jeje3325 said:
Congrats! drool indeed. The design is amazing. Love those hands
This is such a great watch. Wears light and yet great wrist presence. Top notch in my book ;)

Mine salutes yours. Very close cousin they are ;D

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
minidriver said:
You know that I have never been a fan of titanium, but Citizen does not make these in SS. Titanium + duractect does add to the sticker price considerably. But so far, I like it very much and the watch is hardly felt on the wrist.
Do you have any model numbers or links to SS versions?

TIA

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nhoJ said:
Do you have any model numbers or links to SS versions?

TIA

No, there are no SS versions of these Attesas as far as I can tell. The U680 Jet-Setters and the H610 Direct Flight models all come in Ti+Duratect+DLC.

There are other R/C Attesas (More in the simpler dial design you like) but they won't radio sync outside of Japan.

Have a look at the Attesa page:

http://citizen.jp/attesa/index.html

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
minidriver said:
No, there are no SS versions of these Attesas as far as I can tell. The U680 Jet-Setters and the H610 Direct Flight models all come in Ti+Duratect+DLC.

There are other R/C Attesas (More in the simpler dial design you like) but they won't radio sync outside of Japan.

Have a look at the Attesa page:

http://citizen.jp/attesa/index.html
Oops. I was so excited about a SS option I mis-read your post. :-[

I know i've been in this quandry for a while now...I wish Citizen would consider releasing some of the simplier models outside of Japan with at least 5 band receipt.

Although I am finding the dial on your to be not so bad as far as being too busy.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you would like this one, John. This one is very clean and understated in comparison to the Skyhawk AT. Not having the slide rule bezel already cleans up the look considerably.

You should give one of these a try. :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
minidriver said:
I think you would like this one, John. This one is very clean and understated in comparison to the Skyhawk AT. Not having the slide rule bezel already cleans up the look considerably.

You should give one of these a try. :)
I've been checking out this same model online for the past couple weeks, and was thinking the same thing about how not having the slide rule bezel cleans up the look. Didn't know about the adjustable clasp until seeing your review. I wish my Promaster SST had that clasp. Very nice!

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I prefer slide rule bezels to be underneath the crystal if the watch is to have one. Citizen in Japan just released these new Promaster Sky pilot watches with the same exact U680 module as found in my new Attesa but using the Nighthawk's case and different bracelet. I think they are a great alternative to the Skyhawk AT:

Presenting the new JDM Citizen Promaster Sky PMV65-2271:

http://citizen.jp/promaster/lineup/sky/652271.html

As far as the adjustable clasp, I could not agree more. Citizen in the US needs to offer:

Titanium watches with Duractect + DLC coating

standard sapphire crystals with dual AR

Adjustable clasps

simpler non-multi function men's watches with R/C capability

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
minidriver said:
Presenting the new JDM Citizen Promaster Sky PMV65-2271:

[url=http://citizen.jp/promaster/lineup/sky/652271.html]http://citizen.jp/promaster/lineup/sky/652271.html[/url]

[/quote]

[url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-adult-smileys.php][img][/url] [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-adult-smileys.php][img][/url] [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-adult-smileys.php][img][/url] [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-adult-smileys.php][img][/url] [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-adult-smileys.php][img][/url]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts