The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Special Member
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this terrific slightly used 7015-7000 Speed Timer on the original bracelet. I am stoked at how nice it is. Once I give it the full disassembly, ultrasonic cleaning, etc with new NOS crown treatment, this one will be special!

2 Technical Questions for our SCWF Experts:

1. Being based on the 7005/7006/7009 caliber, with the start-stop chrono mechanism added on top, is it better to leave the seconds timer running (like a 6138 or 6139 movement) or better to leave it stopped unless timing ?

2. Does anyone know for sure if 6139 model springs can be used for the start-stop buttons in the 7015? I have a spare NOS set of 6139 springs that I would like to use when I reassemble after cleaning.

Thank you in advance !

Attachments

·
Craftsman
3,876 Posts
Jon,
I can't help much regarding the chrono but to be on the safe side I would keep it running. I would also compare the springs to see how they match up.
These are a sweet flyback chrono. If you'll notice it's called flyback because you can reset the chrono hand without stopping it first like on a 6139.

·
Special Member
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom. Yes the flyback is super cool I had a Montblanc flyback a while back (Swiss and expensive) with this feature.

Seems you have the same 7015 with same dial and same OEM bracelet - only nicer condition!

·
Vendor
1,696 Posts
Hi, These models use a different spring, PN 81350419 smaller & doubled at top & bottom, Happy to post a couple for the cost of shipping if it helps. Nice model BTW

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I customized a 7015 a while back and they are dead simple to service, no harder than a 7009 etc.

The chronograph center wheel has a similar construction to the 6139 so benefits from being continuously run to reduce the stress on the clutch spring.

·
Special Member
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow thank you guys, one and all. This is terrific support.

Mike thank Polly for me for the advice. I like to watch the yellow timer hand sweep so that's what I was hoping for. Great to have such knowledge shared so quickly here.

Stephan let me pull the movement and check and I'll let you know. That is a very kind offer. You are a true gentleman and resource !

·
Special Member
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, These models use a different spring, PN 81350419 smaller & doubled at top & bottom, Happy to post a couple for the cost of shipping if it helps. Nice model BTW
Hi Stefan:

No need to take you up on your most kind offer. After a good ultrasonic cleaning the pushers are working totally perfectly.

Cleaned the hour markers but not the face of the dial. Basically looks really terrific.

I am so thrilled to have this puppy up and cleaned and running like a top.

·
Craftsman
3,876 Posts
What did you use to clean the hour markers Jon?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts