The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Special Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I come to like and appreciate a specific watch, I'm not the type that has to have the best specimen of a particular model or get the different variants of same. Its a bit redundant for me, plus i don't like to brag about anything.
I know I'm in the minority here by constantly keeping a small collection around 20 watches. It's currently 23.
So personaly, I was fine with just owning 6309's and felt that I wasn't really missing much to justify paying substantially more for a comparable 6306.
That said, I took the plunge and bought this one from a fellow member here. So far Im pleased with it but it's only been a few hours. The only thing that I will have to address is the bezel that has some play.
Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ray- What a great watch.You are a lucky guy.Wish you more of the same.I always looked for NOS-New Old Stock and once in a blue moon one comes along. This 6306 appears its NOS-almost 30 years later- Very Nice ...Eli-

·
Special Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, thank you, but the only thing that's mint is the bezel. The previous owner found it somehow and swapped it for the one that came with the watch. The rest of the case shows small dings and scratches commensurate with years of use, but it hasn't been touched up.

Ps: now if I could just find a gl831 strap.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ray- Well I thought I was looking at one of those mythical New Old Stock watches,never worn or dinged and sitting in a file cabinet for 35 years or so.Well its still a good looking restored 6306 Seiko divers watch.So good for you.
Later Amigos-Eli

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
That is a very nice watch Ray :) I prefer the 6306 to the 6309 just the fact that it hacks and has a kanji day wheel does it for me.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,254 Posts
That is very nice Ray! For me the 6306 is a 'better' 6309. I've got several of them, I like the hacking, and I find they keep better time.

Your 6306 really is lovely. The dial in particular is just how I like it, the colouring of WATER RESIST has aged beautifully.

·
Special Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! I appreciate your kind comments. The z-22 flat vent that was with this one is the softest I've felt. I can actually squeeze and stretch the vents with ease, but the keeper was glued together and came apart when I was washing the strap.
I'll just put a keeper there from an oem rubber strap that came with an skx. In the meantime, I guess I'll be looking for a gl831 just for the full experience, but it's not a critical thing with me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts