The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
recently during a visit to my local flea-market I bought a nice Seiko 6217-7000. Based on it's serial number it's dated from March 1964. Knowing that this is a commemorative watch for the 1964 Olympics is pretty cool. Here are the pictures:

Unfortunately the caseback is worn but the logos are still visible

A movement pic:

So I have some questions
1)First and more importand question, is it a good example or a franken(which I don't think is the case but I am not expert)
2) Is the crown original; Most of these watches have another crown but I have seen also this crown.
3)What is it known about this model;
Thank you for your attention:)

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Hi,

I think that may be a 6217-7010 ?

Looks as though it may have had a hard life by the looks of the corrosion on the seal face ?

Like you I have seen a few 6217 WT with the smaller crown, one of mine came with a crown like yours and the experts advised me it was wrong and i changed it but I am not so sure that it was wrong in the first place as other collectors have had the crown like yours as well.

Basically a nice watch even with the wear :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The back has the reference 6217-7000 written, which is also in the inner side of the caseback. If this is 6217-7010 why it has another code written;

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just keep going:) In my expererience good deals happen mostly when you don't go. I once lost a Seiko 6105-8000(or another similar diver) because I hadn't gone that day The guy who was selling it didn't know about it and he sold it for 120 euros!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts