The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This landed today. It has a few scratches, but other than that, it appears to be in good shape. Crown screws down properly and when I removed the battery, no sign of corrosion. It has the original rubber strap which is a bit sticky at this point in its life. Really nothing special here, but thought I’d share some pics of a early 90s Pulsar.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
This landed today. It has a few scratches, but other than that, it appears to be in good shape. Crown screws down properly and when I removed the battery, no sign of corrosion. It has the original rubber strap which is a bit sticky at this point in its life. Really nothing special here, but thought I’d share some pics of a early 90s Pulsar.
Very nice!
I like the Pulsars :cool:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've been after this model for the past two years, especially since I foolishly "let go" of a spares/repair auction last year. Very nice and reminiscent of the Seiko Quartz divers of the era.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I like that one and think it would compliment my Pulsar diver. It is a great watch with a Seiko 7546 movement! The Pulsars are affordable quality watches that I like a lot.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cool dial.

If that bezel interchanges with say a 7548 or such that could be a great win on top.

I have one and I'm pretty sure the bezel insert is a unique size. The watch is 40ish mm. Bigger than Seiko mid size but smaller than 7548.

I'll have to measure to be sure but just eyeballing it next to 7548, it is different.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you liked it. I'm looking forward to taking it to my watchmaker tomorrow for gaskets, battery, and water test.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Love this Pulsar, underrated imho! The case is like a scaled up 2205-0760 ladies diver (which is also the inspiration for the recent Raven Solitude - spot the similarities). I’ve wondered if this was a Seiko design that didn’t cut it with one of the higher ups and was passed down to the Pulsar label, so many Seiko design cues...

Here’s mine:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts