The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this sweet CR-220 Sea Lion that is running a nice 30 jewel 8305A movement in a small Seiko lot. Sadly this very cool watch is missing its back case. It even runs with a little help. The dial is clean the gold tone case is not too bad either. I am going to put a add up for a WTB and hope somehow I get lucky. I do not even know the watch number. The dial is marked 8305 8090T. What a beautiful watch it would be to restore if I could just get luck and find the case back. I have never seen a model like this where the dial is marked CR-220 Sealion. I am thinking it is early 60's

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
hey Mike that looks very close to the one i sent you...i think it might be a 8306 ...not sure the last part....looks like a very nice little watch....great find

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the dial and the movement itself are stamped 8305A. I do not even know what the rear cover is suppose to look like but I love the dial with Sealion stamped right on the dial. I probably will end up finding any case back that fits just so I can wear the watch. With the large size of the case I would love it if it has a large Sea Lion etched on it. I love Sea Lion watches like the M55 the M88 but the case backs are smaller and the Sea Lion emblem is smaller.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
hey Ramon has one listed right now...i would drop him a email...he might be able to help...God Bless John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hey Ramon has one listed right now...i would drop him a email...he might be able to help...God Bless John
I just went through everything Ramon has and I did not find anything he had listed for an 8305A. I did not find any movements or what I really want which is a Sealion case for a 8305A movement Seiko? Wha6t did you see because I can not find anything.

I looked closer at the dial and it is an 8306 movement. I found the listing you found but in the description of the watch it states the watch has a 6309 case back on it! Man so close! I did find One single 8306 Seikomatic-R Sealion CR-220 on all of eBay in the Philippines and I was right the caseback is fantastic check this out.

Somehow I have the feeling finding one is not going to be easy!

Michael

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hey with Ramon..you need to email him...he only list about a 1/10 of what he has..i but at least one a week from him and if he does not have it...he is very good about helping me find it...that one in the pics is very sweet too

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hey, 35 jewels - not bad ;)

It seems you already found a caseback picture of the correct SeaLion - I only have my 30 jewel M77 to show ;) Nice to see another SeaLion here.

The 8305 and 8306 differ only in the day display.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It's definitely an 8306 (8305 is date only). It is auto and hand wind.

Case back should look like this (without the scratches :()

I believe this is one of the oddities in that it has a roller clutch, rather than the Seiko magic lever system. Sounds like I really know what I'm talking about, don't it ? :grin:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes afterwards looking at the number on the movement under the glass what I though was a 5 ended up being a 6 then I found the whole model number of the watch is a 8306-8090 and I found a picture of the rear case. No wonder someone stole it off the watch it is a nice looking case back. I am just going to tuck it away and keep my eyes open for a donor watch. I love Sea Lion models. I find if you wait long enough almost anything will turn up.
I managed to locate just the rotating bezel and insert for one of my 7A28-7040/9 chronographs. Maybe one day.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, 35 jewels - not bad ;)

It seems you already found a caseback picture of the correct SeaLion - I only have my 30 jewel M77 to show ;) Nice to see another SeaLion here.

The 8305 and 8306 differ only in the day display.

I have the same watch except it is a Seikomatic-R 30 jewel but it is not a Sealion. Serial 7N8176 model number 8305-1010 I also have a Selfdater 24 Jewel M55 Sealion but it is from 1963 so the case back markings are the old style. It just has a 14095 on the outside and the bride for the balance is stamped 394 for the movement number. It serial number is 3D13898. I like the large clean looking dials on these models. I did not even know there was a 8306 movement. I am going to have to have closer look at the movement once I get caught up with some other stuff.

Michael

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
i love these models...very elegant

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
that is a beauty....wow

It's definitely an 8306 (8305 is date only). It is auto and hand wind.

Case back should look like this (without the scratches :()

I believe this is one of the oddities in that it has a roller clutch, rather than the Seiko magic lever system. Sounds like I really know what I'm talking about, don't it ? :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received this sweet CR-220 Sea Lion that is running a nice 30 jewel 8305A movement in a small Seiko lot. Sadly this very cool watch is missing its back case. It even runs with a little help. The dial is clean the gold tone case is not too bad either. I am going to put a add up for a WTB and hope somehow I get lucky. I do not even know the watch number. The dial is marked 8305 8090T. What a beautiful watch it would be to restore if I could just get luck and find the case back. I have never seen a model like this where the dial is marked CR-220 Sealion. I am thinking it is early 60's

I believe mines similar

Attachments

·
Special Member
7,479 Posts
I know it's allowed to bump 5 year old threads but since the new forum software kicked in this is becoming rather commonplace. Myself I find it annoying but maybe I am alone in that regard.

I think the way the new software returns search results is the reason. Try searching for anything, you get the threads in random order and lots and lots from eons ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts