The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t been this excited about a watch acquisition in a long time. Thank you Mark for selling me this beauty!
It’s inexcusable that I’ve only recently come around on the 7002 variant divers, but it’s what watch collecting is all about and a joy to get to a specific spot every once in a while. Such is the experience with this one and without going into that, I made up my mind awhile back that I wanted to get and keep a nice Pepsi 7002. Recently two became available within weeks of themselves. Here’s the first one; a -7039 transitional.

This is a lovely ‘same same’ article to many of us:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not a 7002 fan Ray but that looks a superb one as are all your watches, congrats :)
Thank you John! This freaking watch does and serves the same purpose to me as a high end vintage rollie or tudor would, excluding price tag and finish. A wis gem in its own right, non the less, imo.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice job on sourcing this gem, Rey.
I have a 7002-7039 with the black bezel.

Is it true that the Pepsi 7002-7039 has a black colored dial?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Love it, Ray - I am a 7002 fan, your examples look superb.

My two 7002’s are some of my best runners, I can’t part with them.

·
Premium Member
9,587 Posts
sweet looking watch Ray - a real beauty. Congrats!

Reactions: Reynaldo

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I haven’t been this excited about a watch acquisition in a long time. Thank you Mark for selling me this beauty!
It’s inexcusable that I’ve only recently come around on the 7002 variant divers, but it’s what watch collecting is all about and a joy to get to a specific spot every once in a while. Such is the experience with this one and without going into that, I made up my mind awhile back that I wanted to get and keep a nice Pepsi 7002. Recently two became available within weeks of themselves. Here’s the first one; a -7039 transitional.

This is a lovely ‘same same’ article to many of us:

Mine says Hi!

I agree with everything you say about these watches (y) (y)

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's such a nice 7002 Ray. Congrats. Call me crazy but I do like that bracelet a lot :love:
Thanks Mario! Same same on the bracelet, has a very vintage feel to it and just the perfect width at the clasp

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Nice job on sourcing this gem, Rey.
I have a 7002-7039 with the black bezel.

Is it true that the Pepsi 7002-7039 has a black colored dial?
yes, the dial is black. there's no difference between the pepsi/black versions of the -7039 like there is for the 399 and 401. so, theoretically, if you had the proper pepsi bezel and a nice black bezeled version you could make the swap and have the pepsi version.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Smashing 7002!
Its so difficult to get a good one. I like the slim case. Coincidentally I posted my slim 6309-7290 on IG yesterday. Case shape really similar as is the Dial and it has that same dial lume that for one reason or another is often in bad condition today on the few original examples you can find.

http://instagr.am/p/CCKIsgmHc_W/

1 - 20 of 42 Posts