The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Special Member
2,059 Posts
interesting and for the price, I might buy one to wear as essentially a beater, but there are two things that are deal breakers for me:

1) I can't stand bezel inserts with a pip that pops out. it just screams "cheap repro insert."

2) the dial lume is blue...ugh! blue lume reminds me of the new rolex lume (which is good I guess because I haven't had to buy one..hehe).

to boot, the color of the pip lume is green and doesn't match the dial lume. I might be able to live w/ the pip if the lume color matched, but alas, it doesn't.

<* shark >>><

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
Personally I think you have to congratulate the guys who brought it to fruition as a lot of work must of gone in to it :clap::clap:

Like Shark I just dont understand a protruding pip, unless super quality it looks cheap imo, other wise i like the bezel.

Not keen on the stainless chapter ring, the golden Tuna mongrel i have just built has a conventional ring with the min markers and the depth of dial looks amazing in real life, i would of liked to see that or something like.

Dial/hands might suit some and not others.

It is imo nigh on impossible to please everyone, different likes and dislikes.

Case and crown look good.

If it tickles your fancy then IMO it is a great job :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Like John I'm not mad about the polished chapter ring but other than that fairly nice.
It seems that it may have a better sized dial than my Dagaz Typhoon, which is too small. The watch looks like a full size diver case and a mid size crystal and dial, have grown to dislike it. Being even more fussy I prefer 22mm lugs as 19 or 20 seem too narrow on decent sized cases.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
At $315 I think this would get a few interested. I'd definitely be looking out for a used one to try. What would make it really awesome would be if it was compatible with say 6309 or skx007 AM parts. Then we could all get one of yobokies big pip bezel inserts and change out the chapter ring.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The bezel insert is "standard seiko bezel size" (I'm assuming skx007).

The casebacks are really nice, I'm glad someone pointed those out :)

·
2,237 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but apart from a couple of little touches I can't really see anything 6105 about it :undecided:

·
Special Member
2,961 Posts
I like it. I have the t2 so getting this would be redundant. ( funny...yet I have no problem having four 6309-704x)

Rob

·
Special Member
7,480 Posts
I applaud the watchmakers. They paid homage to the original Seikos but made it their own.

These aren't my cup of tea but this execution looks darn good to me.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but apart from a couple of little touches I can't really see anything 6105 about it :undecided:
Me too. Aside form the cushion case and the bezel it doesn't look a bit like a 6105, 6306, or 6309.
It's not one for me.

·
Special Member
2,961 Posts
I don't the pip lume as much as the elegant cursive font on the dial. doesn't go with the tool watch look IMHO.
Worked for Blancpain fifty fathoms...for me it's too many shapes on the indices ...circles, triangles, rectangle of the date window...date @3 would be less distracting.

Rob

The no date looks much better, that's the route I took with the t2

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well glad to see someone doing something new...looks pretty nice too

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've never seen these or know anything about them , is it a third manufacturer of the recent homages like the Typhoon and the Smiths? Has someone sourced the same case from the suppliers to either of those or is it a 'third' case in the style of a 6105?
I'm not too bothered as I don't have much time for homage watches really, just mildly curious that someone else has decided that there is a place for another in the style....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello guys. Just join this forum and find my Lamafa watch project thread here.

First of all want to introduce myself. I am Adrian. This will be my 2nd watch project.

Got some More details for it:
- the bezel pop on the prototype is pops out, but will not in the mass production. Already make a note for this.
- dial luke is actually greenish. It will using swiss C1 luminova with pure white daylight color and greenish in dark. Sorry for the crappy photos. My camera don't take good color on the dark

Adrian @AthayaVintage

Regards,

Adrian
Sent from tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts