The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
So how would you price say 30 crystals, 6105, 6139, would you have to see them before quoting ?

Do they retain there different profiles after polishing ?

·
Special Member
2,804 Posts
Waiting on 3 × 6139 crystals from Ben (one of them chrome rimmed) they've been in NJ for a few days, making their way slowly and painfully thru the postal system.
If this hobby has thought me anything, it's patience.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how would you price say 30 crystals, 6105, 6139, would you have to see them before quoting ?

Hi mate. The process i do maintains the original profile exactly, there will be no flat spots or uneven surfaces. You can expect a minimum of a 95% improvement in your crystals (sometimes there is chipping on the edges of the crystal). I have a flat rate of Australian $30.00 per crystal. If you send 3 or more I cover international return postage with tracking. Would love to have the opportunity to show you what I do. Best wishes.
Ben

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting on 3 × 6139 crystals from Ben (one of them chrome rimmed) they've been in NJ for a few days, making their way slowly and painfully thru the postal system.
If this hobby has thought me anything, it's patience.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Hey Rob. I think it took less time to build the pyramids than getting your crystals home!

·
Special Member
13,344 Posts
boy, you've got the recipe down for doing this - well done!

Reactions: Ben Levy

·
Special Member
7,262 Posts
Hi everyone I am WAY OVERDUE to make this post so forgive me Ben for my slow posting about your revolutionary new way to get your old crystals back into service.

As Ben says, they come out at least 95% restored but I can proudly state in the case of my 6139-6000 early Pogue CRC (Chrome Rimmed Crystal) it went from lightly worn for all the years to absolutely perfect. So it's a matter in part of just how far gone the original was. They can be perfect when he's done with the polishing process, I am here to testify to that !

So, I sent a batch of old worn and unsightly Pouge 330W18GN00 crystals (no CRC's!!) to Ben and he returned them to me and all are very nice !

The best part is the are all very appealing being bright and shiny and optically clear with no sign of overwork in any area that would in turn lead to low spots, which other crystal restorers have suffered from. Great work for sure. Surely some have something you can find if you look hard while others do not. Some are domed, some are "flat" (not really flat just not domed so that's how they are described).

Here they are, all laid out, as you can see these will brighten up your Pogue and you'll know it is sporting a clean, bright, OEM vintage 330W18GN crystal with no concern for the aftermarket considerations.

PM me if you'd like to see what this is all about.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arr but how much thickness was removed Ben?
Hi mate. I know you're concerned about loss of thickness on restored crystals so I did some measurements on 5 x 330 crystals I did today. They started at 1.70mm and average finish is between 1.60 and 1.65mm. A maximum total loss of 1/10 of a mm. Hope this reassures you

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hi mate. Don't know if you got my original reply but I charge Australian $30.00 per crystal which includes return postage with tracking. Let me know if I can help

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
Sounds fair Ben but do I want to spend $900 plus on crystals at the moment, mm not sure I could buy another watch first :)

Hi mate. Don't know if you got my original reply but I charge Australian $30.00 per crystal which includes return postage with tracking. Let me know if I can help

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds fair Ben but do I want to spend $900 plus on crystals at the moment, mm not sure I could buy another watch first :)
On reflection, if you are sending 30 then I will do them for you at $20.00 each. If you only want to send 15 now and 15 later then I will give you the same discounted price. Cheers.
Ben

·
Special Member
7,262 Posts
You missed your chance those polished 330W18GNs at $25 each flew out the door !

The goal was to allow members to see the high quality he achieves and recommend his services to others.

Several went to UK looking forward to the reviews !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much for your prompt payment. Hope to help you again in the future. I might have another batch for sale soon, will be in touch.
All the best

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
Thanks Jon, I dident miss my chance, I saw them but did not need them and was aware that it was more than likely a promotional exercise between you and Ben, all good stuff (y)

You missed your chance those polished 330W18GNs at $25 each flew out the door !

The goal was to allow members to see the high quality he achieves and recommend his services to others.

Several went to UK looking forward to the reviews !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts