The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so.. i haven't been able to let go of not being able to find a seiko 6139 7010. I've seen, maybe 3 or 4 posts come up in regards to sales long time ago.

are there any other sources i should be keeping a sharp lookout on other than this site, WUS, ebay?

i don't know why but as soon as i came across this watch, it literally clicked. i know that sounds weird.. it's a watch. but yea, i like to think 'we' clicked. haha

anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated in my hunt for this specific model. thanks guys!

·
Craftsman
3,712 Posts
They don't seem to come up for sale very often but they are out there. Keep the faith and continue the hunt. Sometimes it takes months of searching to find what you're looking for but that's part of this crazy hobby.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'll keep an eye out too. Have you looked at the Japan auctions (I haven't, but I know plenty here do)

Easy to see why you like these! Keep up the hunt, one day you'll find it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep an eye out too. Have you looked at the Japan auctions (I haven't, but I know plenty here do)

Easy to see why you like these! Keep up the hunt, one day you'll find it.
thanks! do you mean the japenese ebay? i thought if i select "worldwide" as one of the filters it should show everything no? not sure..

·
Registered
912 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^umh... that's awesome!

just found one on that site though, i think it's for parts only based on the translation. haha
i'll definitely be keeping a sharp eye out on that site. thank you!

·
Registered
912 Posts
^umh... that's awesome!

just found one on that site though, i think it's for parts only based on the translation. haha
i'll definitely be keeping a sharp eye out on that site. thank you!
Looks good to me :)
I never actually look to see if it's working or not to be fair, I go on how the dial, hands and case look. If those are good then you've got every chance of buying a gem.

It might be an interesting exercise to see how you could buy it and what the cost would come out as, even if just for future reference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try these :

1.]Based in Japan, saitama_jp has been an eBay member since Feb 16, 2007
2.] Antique Watch Bar
i wish i didn't find out about the antique watch bar. i am going to end up likely spending a lot at that site as far as i can tell already.. hahhaa

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yup , I know what you mean...

i wish i didn't find out about the antique watch bar. i am going to end up likely spending a lot at that site as far as i can tell already.. hahhaa
It's a really nice site....Like going into a fantasy toy store . I'll probably bump into you there....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i have a problem.. i just purchased this: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e145677942

knowing that apparently it contains the word "junk" on the page. haha guess i have issues. but am trying to confirm if it indeed is purely junk or not. thought i'd update to those who were kind enough to respond to my help! thanks guys!

i'm now looking for a seiko vintage restorer so if you know of any, please let me know also! thanks!

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
well that is a very nice looking example...should clean up well...great find...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well that is a very nice looking example...should clean up well...great find...
thank you sir! i'm so happy i found a piece that appears to be relatively clean looking on the outside. just hope it's not complete junk and can be restored to its form.

now... the wait game begins. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry about that! I didn't realize at the time how rare the 7010 was. Like gnod, when I saw it, it simply clicked so I jumped on it... I still wear it a few times a week easy.

I've seen these come up here and there on the bay too... you can also set up an alert on watchrecon which has helped me find a few things.

-Zach Weiss

Ever since worn and wound had it on their site they have been scarce. I think it sparked a few peoples interest. Nice looking watch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow i can't believe it but i just got it today - the 6139 7010. it's really nicer in person i think and so far, it appears mechanically, everything is working! Chrono hands all reset perfectly and it's keeping time. Just have to research a little more for all the details but I think it's safe to say that I'm very happy to have asked for help on this site. I'll post photos up later tonight!

·
Registered
912 Posts
wow i can't believe it but i just got it today - the 6139 7010. it's really nicer in person i think and so far, it appears mechanically, everything is working! Chrono hands all reset perfectly and it's keeping time. Just have to research a little more for all the details but I think it's safe to say that I'm very happy to have asked for help on this site. I'll post photos up later tonight!
That sounds good! Look forward to the pics :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As promised. Not best photos, and I was planning on shooting it with my new camera that came in the same delivery as the watch but I have no working SD cards at the moment.

this is the only "imperfection" that's really scratched up. Other than that, I think it'll be in great shape once I get a new crystal for it. Wondering if I should get the case a light buff. If anyone thinks otherwise, please let me know!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts