The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my girlfriend broke up this week but i guess before we broke up she got me a birthday gift
i know nothing about seikos it says thats its a VINTAGE SEIKO 7002 7002-7000 MODIFIED 6217 DIVERS WATCH SN. 002551

what is it and is it any good

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MOVEMENT ORIGINAL AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT, Cal. 7002.

Professionally serviced just recently and is running well.
METAL Solid Stainless Steel Case and Case back.
CASE 'n SIZE ORIGINAL CASE. Professionally refinished to its original factory finish as close as possible.

Width: 42 mm excluding crown; length: 45mm from lug to lug. Thick: 13mm with bezel.
DIAL/MINUTE CHAPTER RING/HANDS

Brand New Aftermarket DIAL .

Brand New Aftermarket Hands.
STEM/CROWN

ORIGINAL CROWN.
CRYSTAL/Retainer RING

Brand New Aftermarket Crystal.

Crystal is attached with crack-free ORIGINAL CRYSTAL-RETAINING RING NOT glued.
Rotating BEZEL 'n INSERT BEZEL RING rotates in bidirectional rotation with clicks.

Brand New Aftermarket Bezel Insert.
BRACELET/STRAP It comes on a Seiko Flat Vent Rubber Strap Z22.

FAT SPRING BARS are used in this watch as Seiko diver should come on fat spring bars.
SERIAL NUMBER

002551, which dates production back on Feb. 1980. She is 34 Years Old Now.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
a 7002 would be from 1990, not 1980. Whether or not it is "any good" as a dependable timepiece will be based on how recently and how well any movement service was done, and how/if water resistance has been maintained with new gaskets. You seem to have most of the other facts at hand (aftermarket parts present, etc.).

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
To answer the first question "What have i got?"
You have a very modified 7002 divers watch, the case back originates from October 1990, thats not to say the rest of the watch is from the same date as its been modified.
The description is a bit out as it states "Crystal is attached with crack-free ORIGINAL CRYSTAL-RETAINING RING NOT glued."
The 7002 series didnt use a crystal retaining ring.

Although it is supposed to have an original crown, ill lay odds it has an aftermarket stem. Without a pic of the movement its impossible to say if its original, loads of these are Frankened with generic parts.

Second question "Is it any good?"
That rather depends on your perspective. As Rileynp posted,

"As a dependable timepiece will be based on how recently and how well any movement service was done, and how/if water resistance has been maintained with new gaskets."

Personally i wouldnt put it near water untill its been pressure tested.
At the end of the day, if it looks good to you, feels comfy on your wrist, keeps good time, and your happy with it, you have a nice watch. Enjoy.
IMO those hands dont go with the dial but thats just my personal preference,
My 7002 6217 mod says hello.
skx031 008.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To answer the first question "What have i got?"
You have a very modified 7002 divers watch, the case back originates from October 1990, thats not to say the rest of the watch is from the same date as its been modified.
The description is a bit out as it states "Crystal is attached with crack-free ORIGINAL CRYSTAL-RETAINING RING NOT glued."
The 7002 series didnt use a crystal retaining ring.

Although it is supposed to have an original crown, ill lay odds it has an aftermarket stem. Without a pic of the movement its impossible to say if its original, loads of these are Frankened with generic parts.

Second question "Is it any good?"
That rather depends on your perspective. As Rileynp posted,

"As a dependable timepiece will be based on how recently and how well any movement service was done, and how/if water resistance has been maintained with new gaskets."

Personally i wouldnt put it near water untill its been pressure tested.
At the end of the day, if it looks good to you, feels comfy on your wrist, keeps good time, and your happy with it, you have a nice watch. Enjoy.
IMO those hands dont go with the dial but thats just my personal preference,
My 7002 6217 mod says hello.
View attachment 110337
thanks for the info. like your hands better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts