Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting into these type of movements now and decide
to try out this one because it need fixing. I have a Citizens
Aqualand , Ana/Digi , C506 Watch head. Ok it is working
on the .....( Digital side but just cant get the Hands to operate
as they should. I have read up on it but think that the problem
is in the ........... ( Area to get the hands to work properly )

I believe the (Cannon Pinion Gear ), is not working or is worn or broken
for the hands to move. )
Trying to find some pictures of that particular area to be fixed.
( The How too do it thing. )
Thank you

Attachments

·
Craftsman
3,722 Posts
If the cannon pinion is slipping the crown will have little to no resistance when setting the time. It's a simple procedure to tighten it but it will have to be removed from the movement to do so. You'll need some "D" tip tweezers and the right size broach to accomplish the task.
Noah walked me through it several months ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,039 Posts
You'll need some "D" tip tweezers and the right size broach to accomplish the task.
Noah walked me through it several months ago.
You are correct about the symptom (loose setting resistance), but this is likely not a traditional cannon pinion design like we talked about, based on what I can see from the tech guide. Instead, it is probably a cannon pinion driving wheel, which relies on two or more arms providing friction to a central hub. This photo, from the internet, shows the wheel to which I refer:

Sometimes these can be repaired if cleaning and relubricating does not correct the problem, but it is a last resort, and will often destroy the wheel, even if done with the preferred method of using a staking set to flip the wheel over on the hub.
First things first though, I'd check that the problem is indeed the cannon pinion wheel, and not old or dirty lubrication throughout the rest of the gear train.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AAAAhhh , OK will check again

Will strip it and check to see if its some sort of cruddy mess in there.
And also will see if anything else is broken or mangled.:72:

Thank you very much.
Will later ......Update my findings to this.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Up Date To This Posting

Aloha and thank you for the advice and knowledge given.

I have just done all the strip down to the watch now.

Note : It appears to be the Gear assembly that has the problem so I will have to
strip it completely. I have stripped it to the place of only the Gear movement assembly
is there but when trying to put the Stem/Crown back and ....... it goes. in. But I have to
hold (out the crown) to move the hands Pinion with a little out pressure, because it slips
back into the movement and release the (Stem) from setting the hands.
Repeating this movement it locks sometimes.
The Hour wheel does engage the Clutch to work.
( Slippage is present doing this.)
Thank you for all the help and information given, its appreciated very much.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Long Bike you can fix anything...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well I try it, to do it ...

I have to this to benefit me and it has helped much. Not a PRO,but I have what the Doctor I had said was a .............. " 85 + Photographic Memory so I have benefited much most of my life with it. I just don't forget that easy.

Also people despise that from people because they just don't forget. ( Know what I mean ? )
At times is not good for others when you don't forget to easy.

I also don't depend on it as to being .......... " Just like That ".
When I do things I do it as to be where I have the benefit ofdoing it. I set everything as I do it and then reverse the process.
That's the easy way to do things, lay them out and then you know what is going on. I like challenging things, so the challenge takes a good effect while doing it. Not perfect, but in the line of doing
things right.
OH, the KEY ......... is to get bothering people away from you. I don't like and never liked .............
" DISTRACTION'S ". That's the problem with most people, they practice that.
I don't like people just walking up to me and start talking, or the most dis-liked one is the ............ " Tapping on the shoulder thing ".
I say to people when I'm doing something can you just please wait, I know you are there so kindly just give me a chance to get to you.
( They get irritated and walk away, I say who cares, please learn to practice Courteous ways. )
I have work alone most of my life and always do that and that's why I can accomplish what I am doing, them people say to others...........( If you bother him, he will stop doing what he is doing and we wont
get it done quick. ) I work on ......... Five different machines at a time when doing repairs like Bulldozers, BackHoes etc. I take everything apart and put them in Big drums of Solvent and come back to weeks later if then to finish, and they all go back together and all run good again. I just don't like .........
" Mistakes and cant afford them either ".
I don't tolerate fooling around and laziness where I am working. Including un-discipline and not wanting to learn people that they give you for help. when you work, work and do a good job even if its not yours do it honestly that's what they pay you to do. And give a little extra and it counts, because you better yourself also in doing that. I have never been Fired, Layed Off, even when slow times, I still had work.
When you work for someone or do something do like it was you own, and better, it don't hurt to do that.
_________________________________________________________________________________
You don't have to be .. " A PRO at Anything " to accomplish things.
Hey for being totally deaf for the past 14 years .............. " I still can Drive, Tune, Build a good
4 - 5 .. second Top Fuel and Funny Car yet, and going on 70 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts