The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here to share their experience? Is there any "special requirements" in declaration amount and description of goods??

the buyer told me he will be slap with a 20% tax on watches into korea but this is a used watch so i am not sure?

thank in advance!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mike in Seoul was our only WIS but now he is on tour of duty....hope he joins up and can tell you..but he often got his watches at the Px...though many from outside sources..good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
kohym said:
Anyone here to share their experience? Is there any "special requirements" in declaration amount and description of goods??

the buyer told me he will be slap with a 20% tax on watches into korea but this is a used watch so i am not sure?

thank in advance!

Kohym,

I’ve never shipped watches to South Korea, though I have posted other items there. While you’re waiting, I’d just like to share my experience with regards to posting watches in general.

As far as I’m aware, the import tax threshold for Korea is US$400. So, applying this to other countries’ regulation, if an item is below that value, it is unlikely to attract duties. Keep in mind, though, that if the item you are sending is covered by postal insurance, then the replacement value will be whatever you declare it to be. When sending watches overseas, if a buyer makes a specific request regarding the declared value, then I make sure they are aware of this ramification, should the shipment be lost. I also specify the item as a “used wrist watch”, which can further assist in some countries.

When sending watches to friends and family members overseas, I declare the watch as a “gift”. In some countries, even “gifts” over a certain value will attract duty. In other countries, I will need to actually gift-wrap the watch and include a greeting card for customs to see that it indeed a gift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts