The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I could use some advice. This question was previously posted on another forum but since it has been a while I'm hoping to expand the variety of responses and suggestions. So far the decision has been delayed from paralysis by analysis.

I'm in possession of a very heavily used and beaten Seiko 6105-8009. If I'm using the term properly, I think it might set a new standard for wabi. Its almost impossible to see through the crystal in parts. Functionally, the watch only runs for a few seconds at a time. The dial and hands show decomposition and resulting discoloration of lume. The case, bezel, and crown (non-screw type) are in very nice shape, though obviously needing a thorough cleaning.

So here are some questions. Is it worth repairing/restoring either to its original condition or modified? Any suggestions who should do the work? Recognizing that the model has value - at least as reflected by some of the for sale listings - could the cost of repairs/restoration exceed the value?

Bottom line: What would you do if it were yours?

The attached pictures tell the story pretty well.

Thanks in advance.

Ed B.

Attachments

· Registered
6,987 Posts
beautiful watch...well worth taking the time to restore it...i would not modify it at all...keep it all original

· Registered
2,629 Posts
Aside from the discolored hand lume and trashed crystal that one looks good.

A minor restoration and service is all it needs.

· Registered
6,987 Posts
please keep us updated on progress too...great watch

· Registered
6,987 Posts
my thoughts too...it needs to be restored ...it deserves it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.