The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Resizing a new Seiko with a pin and collar bracelet for a mate of mine. Struggling with the collar ,I don't know where abouts on the link to insert it . Seems too tight on the outside and too difficult on the inside. I read the link om PMWF ,but it already shows the collar in place.
. The gap in the collar is just about closed up, so I can only assume the that one of the holes on the links must be slightly bigger to allow the collar to be inserted. But whch one?

Any tips ,hint or instructions would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's easy for some ,but proving very difficult and frustrating for me.

Thanks in advance Tony

·
Registered
862 Posts
Follow the arrows on the bracelet when inserting the pin and collar. I suspect the pin has a fatter end and a shorter end. The collar normally goes on the skinnier end of the pin. Look at the bracelet carefully and determine which side of the pin goes in first.

Better yet what watch and bracelet are you working on? We, maybe me, maybe another guy can assist if we know the model bracelet and watch your working with. Do you have a camera?

·
Registered
845 Posts
It may help to tell us what bracelet you are working on. I know the monster bracelet has collars in the outside link, while the knight bracelet has a single collar in the center link.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aladin_sane said:
It may help to tell us what bracelet you are working on. I know the monster bracelet has collars in the outside link, while the knight bracelet has a single collar in the center link.
Good piont, its a big dress chrono . The pin seems same size and shape both ends

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
yorkiesknob said:
Good piont, its a big dress chrono . The pin seems same size and shape both ends

[img]
[/quote]

My guess is the collar fits in the center link. It will only fit in one side of the center link.

Can you look (with magnification) at one of the other removable links to see if the collar is visible on either side? I'm 99% sure it belongs in the center link. On bracelets where the collar fits on the end of the pin, the pin is asymmetrical. The symmetrical pin pictured suggests the collar fits in the center link.

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Did you try putting the collar in the edge hole that has the arrow stamped underneath?

Maybe try inserting the collar into the edge link using the hole facing the center link of the bracelet insetad of inserting it from the outside facing hole, if that makes any sence?

Also look at the other links and see if you can identify the side that has the collar. If it is there you should be able to see it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, bedtime here in Aussie [midnight] will try out your posts tomorrow thanks Tony

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yorkiesknob is now a happy camper. Thanks Myles, it did fit in the centre link no problem. Also thanks to the other replies, another slot filled in the old memory bank .
Now to find the other 2 spare collars I lost fixng the bracelet.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
yorkiesknob said:
Yorkiesknob is now a happy camper. Thanks Myles, it did fit in the centre link no problem. Also thanks to the other replies, another slot filled in the old memory bank .
Now to find the other 2 spare collars I lost fixng the bracelet.

Cheers Tony

Tony,

Seiko USA will provide three spare links (with pins and collars) free of charge. Give me the movement-case number and I'll order them, have them shipped to me, and forward them on to you.

Best,
Myles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts