The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this "How to Identify a Vintage Rally" Article by out Mod Isthmus:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=194147

I have a question for all you Sieko experts and need some advice. After re-reading the Seiko Rally post and I have a question:

What do you think of this Rally? The reference numbers 7006=8030 do not match up to any in the "Rally" article. Nor does the orange color dial...

See pictures:

I guess this isn't a "real" Rally but close? The model does exist and is truly authentic but does not appear to have the same case style as the Rallys in the article.

IMHO the model is vey unique and looks dang nice.

What say the Seiko gang?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like this model a lot, especially the rotorating bezel. I think TigerUK just had one of those and sold it! You might want to speak with him about this model. He would be a good source. ;D

I love those rallys!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think that model of watch is more generally known as a sport diver, not a rally diver. The rally divers generally have a more checkered flag bezel motif.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
That indeed is a sports diver and comes in 4 dial colors. Orange, Silver, Blue, and Black. Actually I think it falls closer to a rally diver then a sports diver because of the bezel design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts