The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

as stated I'm on a quest for a 1984 seiko (May 1984 to be exact), specifically a diver type model.
I know the 6309 model was made during that time, are there any other models I could look for?

Preferably quartz, but auto will do.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
RichardC said:
Hi all,

as stated I'm on a quest for a 1984 seiko (May 1984 to be exact), specifically a diver type model.
I know the 6309 model was made during that time, are there any other models I could look for?

Preferably quartz, but auto will do.
Here are copies of the pages from the Japanese market Seiko catalogs from the first and second halves of 1984 showing what Divers they were listing for sale in the Japanese market that year. These pics do not mean that these are the only divers seiko sold that year. these are only the ones listed in their Japanese market catalogs. other markets surely listed others and of course there is always products sold that for some reason or another don't make it to the catalog. I also didn't print out any pages showing diver style watches, only the ones showing actual dive watches. I hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ADB said:
Hi Richard,
Welcome! I think you'll find the information you want here:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,1633.0.html
You can also search the archive, there's a lot of previous knowledge and information in there!
Cheers,
The archive is a jungle :D . I found the 6309 in the seiko divers reference. But thx.

Isthmus said:
Here are copies of the pages from the Japanese market Seiko catalogs from the first and second halves of 1984 showing what Divers they were listing for sale in the Japanese market that year. These pics do not mean that these are the only divers seiko sold that year. these are only the ones listed in their Japanese market catalogs. other markets surely listed others and of course there is always products sold that for some reason or another don't make it to the catalog. I also didn't print out any pages showing diver style watches, only the ones showing actual dive watches. I hope that helps
Very nice, that gives me some mode models to track. Thx.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
RichardC said:
The archive is a jungle :D .
Can you elaborate please? Do you mean that it is too disorganized? We've been seriously thinking about building a clickable index so as to make navigating it a bit easier. would that help at all?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's very hard to find info in general within the archive.

I'm a little bit reluctant to say, but the old N54 always has been the worst place to search for info. I think an index would help.
On the other hand, it's always been the most active community for Japanese watches. So if you're looking for info, you'll be likely to find it there.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
What we can do is create an index of the articles currently saved to the archive here. We can't really do that for the Mirror of the old site. however, as articles are found there they can be copied and pasted here and then added to the index. how does that sound?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hi,
Just my $0.02 : I use Google when I need to search the archive, and it works quite well for me. Have you tried it and have you had any problems with this method ?
Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts