The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned some G-Shocks (female and male models) to wear during the "not so passive" moments ;D Love the fact that you don't have to worry about anything: just slap 'em on your wrist and you are ready for everything.
But recently I've been looking around for a tough watch that fits my criteria and is NOT a G-Shock, smaller than 40mm, black, 200m WR, built like a tank.. and I saw this Luminox model, the Colormark 38MM 7050 series, model nr A.7051 (nice black and white).

Any thoughts on this one? Or maybe you folks have another suggestion? Bare in mind that I live in the EU, our customs department has sent me enough bills the last 12 months for all those outside EU goodies that I had coming over :))

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time said:
well the only watches that come close to the G-shocks IMO are the timex.

Here is Timex Expedition Dive style.

[/quote]

Looks good, but this one is 43mm :'(
So now you understand the "problem" in finding a suitable new pal, somehow these watches always are 42+ mm ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, not that it would kill me if I bought myself another G-shock (would be the fourth in 10 years), but I wanted something different.

Any others over here have a Luminox watch and call tell me if they're as rugged and sturdy as they claim?
Can't find a torture test for that brand anywhere on the net ;) Don't mind testing the thing a little, but they're not "cheap".

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Generally speaking, most quartz watches will take a beating and live to tell about it to their grandsons. With that in mind, I can't see why a Luminox will not do it's part as expected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered the Luminox and will let you know what I think about it when it gets here (in approx. 2 weeks). Will be quite interesting to review the thing a little, since so few reviews are available on the web..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts