The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Citizen that needs it's strap replaced as it was damaged while I caught it on something and have been trying to find a decent strap that will not cost more than what the watch is worth. :eek:

The original Citizen ones are quite pricey especially factoring in the costs to have it shipped here but I noticed there are a variety of sellers selling "replacement" straps with the ND limits chart (which I like) and at much more affordable prices,although even these seems to vary quite a lot in price :confused: This one is the cheapest I found shipped to my location.

Now the question is, does anyone have experience with these non-original strap, do you think it will last? I don't wear the watch that often, just for the occasional trip to the beach and it rarely sees water of any kind unless it's rain :rolleyes: so no worries there. :grin:

Keenly awating your response :17:

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
well i can tell you that this is something i dont cut corners on...i see lots of cheaper options..but remember most are no where near as the quality you want...there is a few good aftermarket sellers with excellent stuff..just be careful...nothing worse than wasting money or damaging that beautiful time piece..

·
Registered
629 Posts
What size is it? 20mm is easy to find, 22mm not so easy. I have 24mm aftermarket band that is awful. I have an aftermarket "wind velocity" band I don't like either.
I personally prefer the citizen oem bands.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I bought an aftermarket ND strap recently and it was rubbish. I have bought many aftermarket divers straps and most are good - just not my ND one

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
i had one cheaper band break..i will never cut corners on a band..luckily the watch did not get hurt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you!

Great topic! I've had many of those same issues. I like to buy bands just to switch up the looks on my watches. I actually have an older Citizen Navihawk with a 23 mm lug. Very limited selection there. Has anyone noticed how band prices seem to have really gone up over the past year? I.E, Beads of rice, sharkmesh, Engineer's and so on. Good luck to you, I hope you find one that works for you!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I ordered one from eBay, lets see how it goes. I've read some of the feebacks left by buyers for these straps and there seems to be some good comments...but then again, those are probably left as soon as the strap arrived and not some time after. Will definitely update y'all on it's durability though after I use it for a while. I normally don't like to cut corners either but this particular watch is one of my 2 worry-free cheapie beaters and I really couldn't make a case for buying a strap worth the same as the watch(head) itself :confused:. Sometimes I'm cheap like that :sleep:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
This is a Bonentto Cinturini I like it , and I don't like straps too.
This in on a C023 Aqualand that it in top shape also.
I got this along with the watch, and never took it of since.
I actually use it too and I would recommend it also.
Aloha Louis

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a Bonentto Cinturini I like it , and I don't like straps too.
This in on a C023 Aqualand that it in top shape also.
I got this along with the watch, and never took it of since.
I actually use it too and I would recommend it also.
Aloha Louis
Louis,

What size would that be? 20mm or 22mm?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm really boring and predictable and always have the original replacement strap when its time to change it. I wish I was more adventurous like everyone on here, but I know I wouldn't be happy with a nylon or metal type non Seiko replacement.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Louis,

What size would that be? 20mm or 22mm?
Aloha ,
This one measures ......23.87mm . ( Original Lugs are .....24 mm Size, Inside for Lug Fitting )
Buckle Side ....73.46 /// 3 inches
Watch head with Strap ....( Cicumference on wrist....59.83 )
Length is ....129.54 ( Hole Side ) /// length ...5 1/4 just about.
Original watch Lugs are ....23.69

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Do the originals come wth a citizen signed buckle- my C500 seems to have a plain AM(no ND) 22 cut down to 20mm on it but id like a signed buckle (shallow i know)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Interesting question lewie...I almost did a post last week on this topic.

The C500 is the duplex movement which is generally a 20mm band at the lugs. I have many 20mm band citizens and the only one with a citizen mark on the outside of the buckle is an automatic model. Some of the new bands from citizen don't have any citizen emblem on the buckle. They all seem to vary from model to model.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Aloha ,
As far as I have found out searching Aqualands and more, the
C500 Series should ( NOT ) have a signed Buckle indicating with a
Double ( ^^ ) " A-Arrow ",on it and the buckle inside no markings.

The only Models that should have them are the ......
( Models like the Mid-Sized QUARTZ .... ( 3745 PROMASTER's /
AY5004 Type Series ). Those that came with a Strap on them.
Those that had a Bracelet on them had the .....
" Stamped Mark on the Bracelet Flip Lock ".
NOTE:
But these were only on the....( Original marked under the Lug area
on the strap that said ....... ( Citizens Japan ).
( Not the straps that say ..... ( CHINA )
These were the ........ ( PROMASTE STAMPED TRADE MARKED ONES. )
I have about half a dozen of them in my box like that. They were the
( BLACK DIAL'ED QUARTZ ONES ).

These have those (stamped out ( A ), More Modern version, but
those too were limited.
I found out from a guy that has a friend that works for Seiko for many
years he said. but he said the guy old him it was for a limited time
that they made that Buckle. I have a few on my ( Mid-size) one that
I have collected.
The ..... ( EARLY ONES ), that have the ......
PROMASTER STAMP ON THE CASE BACK , should be the only ones with that buckle. That is what the guy told me his friend said.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like others have said, get the Bonetto Cinturini. I usually get my at Watch Prince also, they are under $30. I'm always suspicious of eBay, to many fakes.

Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts