The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these in a number of pictures, but don't know what to use as a search term when looking for one online. Here is the strap (not my pic):

What's this called (searchable)?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Looks like a hand sewn strap by any number of hobbyists who make their own or sell them to fund their watch addiction.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Dunno what they are called but if you are after a handmade leather strap you could try Tom Hickman :93:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dunno what they are called but if you are after a handmade leather strap you could try Tom Hickman :93:
Mike! Thanks buddy. Maybe oneday :)... soon...at the moment I am super busy and can't take anything else on :undecided:

Yeah this just looks like a hand made strap, available from any number of chaps.

My personal recomendation, give forum member Jason Wallace aka "Chevere" a shout! Search "Steadfast straps". Or JW977on Instagram. Up and coming and will do well.

Also James Hyman - DB10 straps, Staurt from Heuerville...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the replies (you're not going to believe it but I couldn't figure out the 'babe' comments as they came to my email notification as I hadn't looked at the picture behind the watch before posting. I must be getting old?) and I know it has a handmade look to it, I'm just wondering if there's a name for the style. Looks a lot like the strap you often see on Fliegers (http://gearpatrol.com/2014/05/27/best-flieger-watches/2/) but those have a rivet/bolt near the lugs, whereas this has those loose thread/cord to create the foldover.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Appreciate the replies (you're not going to believe it but I couldn't figure out the 'babe' comments as they came to my email notification as I hadn't looked at the picture behind the watch before posting. I must be getting old?) and I know it has a handmade look to it, I'm just wondering if there's a name for the style. Looks a lot like the strap you often see on Fliegers (http://gearpatrol.com/2014/05/27/best-flieger-watches/2/) but those have a rivet/bolt near the lugs, whereas this has those loose thread/cord to create the foldover.
True :)

How about "Titillating" ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Mike! Thanks buddy. Maybe oneday :)... soon...at the moment I am super busy and can't take anything else on :undecided:

Yeah this just looks like a hand made strap, available from any number of chaps.

My personal recomendation, give forum member Jason Wallace aka "Chevere" a shout! Search "Steadfast straps". Or JW977on Instagram. Up and coming and will do well.

Also James Hyman - DB10 straps, Staurt from Heuerville...
Thanks very much for the kind words! To answer the question, I normally call them vintage-style straps, or lug stitched straps. Hodinkee has definitely popularized them recently, but I'm not sure there's a true description for them! I've also seen them called Hodinkee-style, although I know some folks made this strap style long before Hodinkee (or I!) ever did it!

Indeed, it's a personal favorite style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hodinkee strap. They didn't invent it, just made it hip.
Check the forums sales section, or a place like etsy. Get a custom made just for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks very much for the kind words! To answer the question, I normally call them vintage-style straps, or lug stitched straps. Hodinkee has definitely popularized them recently, but I'm not sure there's a true description for them! I've also seen them called Hodinkee-style, although I know some folks made this strap style long before Hodinkee (or I!) ever did it!

Indeed, it's a personal favorite style.

beautilful watch

·
Registered
391 Posts
I believe it's a Horween strap from Crown & Buckle, but as others said you can find them many places. I've seen the C&B strap and it's pretty nice.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I believe it's a Horween strap from Crown & Buckle, but as others said you can find them many places. I've seen the C&B strap and it's pretty nice.
There Are lots of folks making these. Crown & Buckle have some nice ones and they're fast to ship and it's an easy retail experience. I've got a nice one from Heuerville and also one from MJ Leather made from vintage Swiss ammo pouch leather.

The nice thing about dealing with Heuerville or MJ is that you can ask to provide measurements and they'll customize lenth, thread color, whether you'd like racing style holes, etc.

C&B have started to carry more 19mm stuff for our vintage Seikos. The other 2 make them without issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts