The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got the watch from John with the unusual dial that he bought from Ramon. The well worn 7N36-6A29 200m diver. The only thing that makes any sense is the little figure in the circle with the G in it looks like a tiny Seahorse. A symbol Seiko has used before but notice also that it has a copyright mark on the symbol which I can only guess has something to do with the HI-7 underneath the logo. As to the date and location it must be the date of some sort of important date. Here is a good picture of the dial.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
wow....i was wondering what it was from...very cool...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have not dug into it deeper to find out what the trademarked emblem is yet. it might be in the article also. I would love to know who commissioned those watches too.

Michael

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Interesting dial and it looks like it will clean up quite nicely with a relume, congratulations.

I doubt that the dial has anything to do with the UN resolution regarding the situation in Rwanda, but hopefully if you find some more info on the logo it may make the date reference clearer.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting dial and it looks like it will clean up quite nicely with a relume, congratulations.

I doubt that the dial has anything to do with the UN resolution regarding the situation in Rwanda, but hopefully if you find some more info on the logo it may make the date reference clearer.
That is exactly what the dial is. UN resolution 912 was adopted on
21 April 1994

If you read the link in the above post it explains all of the details. I have no idea who commissioned Seiko to make the special watch dials though. Seiko had done special commission watches like a batch done for a Saudi king that he handed out as presents to the generals in his Army and other important figures like this one.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
wow...i had no idea this watch was part of all of this...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better late than never

I know this thread is 4 years old, but I know what this is. Forgive my for dragging this up but I found I saw this pic when I was looking up info for Seiko Pepsi I just got and I immediately recognized this watch face.

This doesn't have anything to do with the UN resolution. That must be a coincidence. That logo is Global Marine or Glomar. An oil drilling company that is now part of Transocean. Hi-7 is likely the Well name that they completed on that date in Gabon West Africa. They probably met some milestone which is why they had a watch made.

I was a Seiko dealer from 2002-2013 and I probably worked on a dozen or so Seiko watches that had this logo and similar info. There was quite a few guys that worked for that company from around where I lived. They always got the watch for some milestone they were a apart of and they all contained the same basic info depending on where they were at in the world. They gave out some nice Seikos. I saw some divers and even a few Kinetics. This brought up some memories of my time working on watches and the good customers I had. Some of the guys like the watch they got for free so much they would come buy another model from me.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Your an amazing fellow. your post reminded me of Pete K From AU.
He was also a Seiko Sales but Seiko Parts Rep for a Large Part Of AU. I was fortunate enough to have him be The Watch maker that had the parts and Skill that left me with nothing but Gratitude for my good luck It was a Dream His NOS Parts Stock Was what we all Dream of.
Your knowledge is really something> Great Post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts