The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been eyeing Citizen's slow play into the global luxury market, notably with the purchase of Freddie C and Alpina along with Swiss movement maker La Joux Perret who make parts for Hublot, Sinn, etc. This is the first collaboration between Campanola, high end Citizen and the Swiss movements which are assembled in Japan. The main thing about this first watch, the Ryuga" is that the dial is designed by a master of Urushi, which is the art of lacquer applied to enamel. The color in the dial is from using shards of mother of pearl uncovered from the enamel lacquer. Enuf, I had a chance to get this on sale from a Citizen boutique. The watch is gorgeous, the movement does not equal the quality of the front. So here's a front shot, it comes on glorious piece of gator. Thanks for visiting.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Beautiful dial, some better pictures would be nice too!!!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I once had the Seiko SRQ021 Urushi dial 8R48 chronograph. I can attest to the beauty of the deep dark blackness of the Urushi finish. These dials are always hand lmade laying down multiple layers of the Urushi tree resin. Over time I am told they develop a gorgeous brown hue. Sometimes I wish I had mine to see that brown color.

Anyway Citizen has really upped their game for the upscale market. I visited their NYC Boutique when it opened and they had some crazy nice stuff in there.

Congratulations on a unique and beautiful watch !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts