The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon gentlemen, I want to share good news, my Seiko restored! Start here: http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/114289-repair-seiko.html Help offered to a few people, but I chose the one who can make repairs. What I want to say ... Repair did not take a lot of time in the process thereof, I regularly receive emails with photos and explanations. It is time to already to become a watchmaker :) The man turned out to be very modest and decent, did not even take the money for the work, although I persistently proposed :)
Watches have come pretty quickly, parcel received within six days. All thanks again for wanting to help. Wizard if you wish, you will write in this thread and tell everything in detail. That something like this ... Well, photo the renovated hours :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Sieger, the clock looks great now. You have done well in getting it going.
That is a good time piece Sieger and hope it lives long.
Aloha from Hawaii
LongBike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. I think the master will not be offended if I'll post one photo ...)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
:c029: that's a beauty. And that's what this forum is all about !

I too have been the recipient of such goodwill !!

:c017: to all those guys :You_Rock_Emoticon::bowing:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thank you kindly for the great effort to help this new member
in his quest to get those watchs going.
Like Tony said that's how it is done , and sometimes it becomes a real benefit toward each other. As we say in the USA, it is taking care on next of ........ " Kin ". ( Family )

And the best part of all this is .............. we don't even ............ " Know or Have Seen " , each other and probably never will.
We are from all directions, but come together and meet here.
Except some do know each other, but a small percentage of us.

Well said, LongBike! And now we have a new and satisfied member in Russia!

@ Moderator: Time to make a world map showing all members around the world

I have had the honor to have a look at the Lord Marvel of member "Sieger".
His problem was a broken click spring and so he cant wind up the mainspring.

At first look I decided to make a service, disassembled the movement, cleaned by ultrasonic and re-lubricated the mainspring.

Then I replaced the broken click spring with a new one (my last one next time I must make one by myself)...

... and after reassembling the movement awakes instantly - I heard and looked at the timing machine the marvellous signs of life of a running 36.000 bph movement (before regulating & oiling the upper cap balance jewel).

Do you ever heard a 5740 ticking? It is like the sound of a 12 cylinder BMW ... Next time I must make an audio file ...
The final estate after regulation our member "Sieger" has already posted.
After regulation, changing some rusty dial holding screws and a little polishing the crystal I send it back to Russia.
Btw - I dont want take money for repair, service and postage for I received a Seiko Marvel spare movement with dial and hands from Sieger, this movement I havn't had before in my Seiko movement collection! A generous and nice touch from our russian member.

And now back again on the deferred work of waiting 6138 and others ...
Best regards from France, Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just corrected my faults ... someone has stolen my posted pictures - or was it me?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
peter.mone
Hello Peter. I do not know how to thank you. And the pictures can be seen, and that I already wanted to put those that are you sent me. Clock works perfectly and accurately go. You are a great master!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great work Peter and a great move of both of you.
This is one of the "magical moments" that only can happen in such a community :)

·
Special Member
6,531 Posts
Great story, great gesture Peter !

Shown is my 1967 (first year, Proof, purchased NOS) This model has a special place in Seiko horology as it was the first Seiko 36000 bph production model, beating the 6145 Grand Seiko by a full year to market. Hand wind only, no date, it was meant to prove that the 10 bps/36000 bph technology had arrived at Seiko. Seiko was #2 in the world to sell 36000 bph watches, right behind Girard Perregaux. A very high honor indeed.

I like your dial a lot, the "railroad track" outer markings look great. It is not an original as there were only 4 dials - white or black with batons or Arabics. Nonetheless it looks terrific. The Dauphine hands make the look complete.

Yes, the movement makes a unique melodious sound, once described as a 'flea with a jack hammer.".

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
...described as a 'flea with a jack hammer.".
Thats a nice expression, never heard before and I'll never forget now :grin:

This model has a special place in Seiko horology as it was the first Seiko 36000 bph production model, beating the 6145 Grand Seiko by a full year to market. Hand wind only, no date, it was meant to prove that the 10 bps/36000 bph technology had arrived at Seiko. Seiko was #2 in the world to sell 36000 bph watches, right behind Girard Perregaux.
Thank you very much for additional history informations, that was new for me!
Best regards, Peter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts