The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I have been looking for this model to add to my collection for a very long time. There is only a handful of collectors that has this model in all original conditions. One came out for sale last week and I was not going to pass on it. Thanks to SCTF I was able to sell some of my other pieces to raise enough funds for this grail. A big thanks to MM!! :-*

Seiko 6306-7001 Scubapro 450

Here are some wrist shots.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
589 Posts
Absolutely stunning!! Well done on finding your grail and to find it in such a good condition is a bonus..they are such a rare watch. Clayton

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats!
But could you explain, what's the difference to a normal model besides the additional printing on the dial. Has it been originally pressure tested to 45 bars and therefore modified in any way?

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Axel!

150m= 450 feet.This model is similar to the regular model 6306-7001. These were made OEM by Seiko specially for Scubapro around 1978 similar to Rolex making watches for Comex.

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congratulations that sure is pretty!

·
Registered
964 Posts
red2ndhand said:
Hi Axel!

150m= 450 feet.This model is similar to the regular model 6306-7001. The was made OEM by Seiko specially for Scubapro around 1978 similar to Rolex making watches for Comex.

Cheers,
Jeremiah
Thanks!

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
That does look a beauty Jeremiah and well done on getting it, have i heard some were there is also a unique strap just for this model ?

Any idea how many were made originally ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TheTigerUK said:
That does look a beauty Jeremiah and well done on getting it, have i heard some were there is also a unique strap just for this model ?

Any idea how many were made originally ?
Hi John!
The watch came with the Seiko GL831 strap. It did not come with the Seiko Scubapro strap. ???
I have just installed a Seiko nylon bund strap from Seiko SKZ227 to my watch. Here is a few wrist shots.

[img]

Cheers,
Jeremiah

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
I prefer bracelets Jeremiah but i have to admit that strap does suit the watch, real nice. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts