The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

First thread I've posted on these forums but I've been looking and learning for a bit.

I've been on the hunt for a while for a birth year watch and decided on a 6105. I recently acquired a vintage 6105-8110 from 1971 which I'm pretty please with, it's all original apart from the minute hand which I need to now source. I'm going to get it serviced and cleaned up a bit, and the hands re-lumed to match the dial.

I've also bought recently a vintage original 6309-7040 (1977) and a (vintage?) original 7002-7009 (1993). Again pretty pleased with them but going to get them checked over.

So now I have myself 3 vintage Seiko Divers and my newer, modern Prospex Monster SRP581.

I'm sure you all know these models, so just some quick pics:

1971 6105 8110:

1977 6309 7040, even has original GL831 strap and buckle:

1993 7002 7009 seems to be in excellent condition:

2014 SRP581 for my modern Seiko diver:

Really, for me, the only one missing now is the 62MAS, but I've gone a bit overboard already this year so that's it for now.

Just the servicing and restoration of the vintage ones should see me through till the end of the year.

I'll post back with results and pics after all the work's been done.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great looking 6105, and a very clean collection indeed. Stick around and you'll sure be soon diverting off into other realms of Seikos creations! It's very friendly round here, and the advice is amazing.
Regards, David

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys. I do like my photography. Still learning but enjoy it when I get the time.
Will take some proper shots of the whole group when back from service etc.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Some lovely watches there ^ thanks for showing them.

Just thought I'd add my Seiko History to the thread too.

As I've also had a few other Seiko divers previously that have sadly now gone.

I Had a black monster (with hacking mvt) :

However nice though it was, It didn't gel with me like the SRP581 has.

Also had a 6309 7040 (Purists look away Now) Mod done by MCWW, loved this watch but it had to make way for the original versions:

Apart from all these divers I also have GS GMT which is gorgeous and is definitely a keeper:

So with the above divers in post 1, that's all my Seiko's (so far.....)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some lovely watches there ^ thanks for showing them.

Just thought I'd add my Seiko History to the thread too.

As I've also had a few other Seiko divers previously that have sadly now gone.

I Had a black monster (with hacking mvt) :

However nice though it was, It didn't gel with me like the SRP581 has.

Also had a 6309 7040 (Purists look away Now) Mod done by MCWW, loved this watch but it had to make way for the original versions:

Apart from all these divers I also have GS GMT which is gorgeous and is definitely a keeper:

So with the above divers in post 1, that's all my Seiko's (so far.....)
Thats awesome mate..
seiko always provide the best watches value for money in any level✌✌✌✌🙌🙌🙌

1 - 19 of 19 Posts