The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I spent a little time getting this wonderful chrono resurrected after decades of being dead in a box. Surprisingly it fired right up with a new battery. The only mod I did was take a hand from another chrono in the same family and install it in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdZQFUH4eM

For those who have this watch, are you still wearing them. How have yours held up over time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
great work...looks great

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Just an observation eco8gator but your tachymeter chapter ring is not seated correctly 60 should align with 12 O'clock and this will seat the movement better. All the best.

·
Registered
235 Posts
E- Nice video presentation of your handsome and Amazing Seiko 7A38. I love wearing my own 7A38 for it's accuracy and high quality Time keeping.We have all heard that old
truism-"They just don't Make Them Like They Used to Anymore!" Well, that certainly applies to this 15 jeweled Quartz movement in the highly admired and sadly no longer made
Seiko 7A38 line of Chronometers.Enjoy your fine Seiko chrono and wear it with Good Luck always!---Eli-

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All

Thanks for the comments.

I will adjust the chapter ring. I did have the movement out and must have screwed up the alignment.

Your absolutely right, they don't make them like this anymore!

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts