The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It becomes my most comfortable diver, ahead of the Orange Monster and well ahead of the Yellow Kinetzilla - I will probably call this one the Black Ninja since it is so inconspicuous !!!

Of course that inside is the 8F35 HEQ caliber (20s/y and perpetual calendar), and it seems that I am quite lucky with the Ujiie shop since this one also has the seconds-hand perfectly aligned all around the dial (after the Ti E510 where however all models that I ever heard of have that kind of alignment, and my smooth-seconds quartz - where the seconds-hand moves in 5 steps/second and as such alignment is a different kind of a problem).

Obligatory quick and hairy wrist shot:

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Very nice, Catalin. The 8F35 diver is one of my favs as well. Probably the best compromise between the 8F32 dressy watches and the 8F56 Ti GMTs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice, have been interested in these for a while, not huge and chunky like some others, I have an SBQJ015 with the 8F56 movement, tough, very accurate and basically no fuss.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simonsev said:
Nice, have been interested in these for a while, not huge and chunky like some others, I have an SBQJ015 with the 8F56 movement, tough, very accurate and basically no fuss.
The nickname for my SBQJ015 is Travelzilla - but mine - while also about +1 second over 12 months - does not have the seconds-hand as well aligned - though it might just be the bigger size ...

Anyway 8F56 is better for traveling, 8F35 for scuba ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Catalin said:
The nickname for my SBQJ015 is Travelzilla - but mine - while also about +1 second over 12 months - does not have the seconds-hand as well aligned - though it might just be the bigger size ...

Anyway 8F56 is better for traveling, 8F35 for scuba ...
Mine is probably about 8 secs over 12 months but second hand is dead on and yes very good for travel, love to be able to just flick the hour hand over! Looks perfect on a nice croc leather with a suit as well..

·
Registered
73 Posts
:) ! Congrats! You're right: very comfortable watch, light but heavily build.

The mine (received yesterday from Higuchi!)

I'm waiting for two leather straps from Globalwatchbands...;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A very interesting suggestion on getting a nickname for the SBCM0023 was 'Shokunin', but while I find it a very interesting concept I think it might be far less obvious than just the 'Black Ninja' - which is instantly recognizable and can also be easier adapted - Black/Orange/Pepsi Shokunin really does not sound as impressive (mixed references), while Black/Orange/Pepsi Ninja still works ...

·
Registered
534 Posts
While the Japanese word might sound nice, I doubt it would catch on, more that Ninja ..hehe...the Shokunin is just too Japanese and kinda hard to remember IMO.....a better Japanese world would, for me being a movie nut, is RONIN, a Japanese word meaning a Samurai without a master....also a movie was made called RONIN, about an ex CIA agent looking for work in Europe haha! so...the Black Ronin....is my suggestion 8) :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thianwong said:
While the Japanese word might sound nice, I doubt it would catch on, more that Ninja ..hehe...the Shokunin is just too Japanese and kinda hard to remember IMO.....a better Japanese world would, for me being a movie nut, is RONIN, a Japanese word meaning a Samurai without a master....also a movie was made called RONIN, about an ex CIA agent looking for work in Europe haha! so...the Black Ronin....is my suggestion 8) :D
Hmm, the more than I think the more than I like it - Black Ronin is actually somehow more appropriate since the model is clearly marginalized by Seiko today ... I wonder if people will find the reference easy enough ... waiting for other owners to chime-in on that ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts