The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting yesterday about a vintage bracelet for 0.99GBP, here's my other little find...

I have this Citizen chrono, the 67-9313 model, known as a 'speedy' because it resembles the Omega Speedmasters, and it's one of my favourite watches:

As you can see the bezel is scuffed, especially around the 11 o'clock to 2 o'clock area:

[img]

A couple of weeks ago I saw a dim picture on the 'bay of two empty chrono cases, one with the bracelet I posted about earlier, and one from a 67-9313...I couldn't really tell what the condition was, all I could be sure of was that it was the right kind! With no other bidders I won the auction and despite volcanic ash it arrived from Pakistan yesterday. To say the least I was happy with the state of the bezel, it has just one nick on the edge at 11 o'clock, and it was fitted this morning:

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/Sweephand/Newbezel.jpg

The watch now looks a whole lot better - even better :) - and all the bezel cost was 0.99GBP - about $1.50

The 'bay ain't always a bad place to fish :)

Sweephand

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow, nice catch! That is a sweet looking chrono. The new bezel looks right at home and matches the condition of the watch beautifully. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great pick up. Certainly a facelift for the watch. Looks really good! Very satisfying I should think.

·
Registered
964 Posts
What about starting a vintage Citizen thread to collect all the hidden treasures of this great forum?
Guess you would be the best to start it. If than Martin could join in ....

Cheers,

Axel ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts