The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had these for many years. The one on the President style bracelet is the one I wear. It’s not as mint as the other one and I bought it to be a wearer! Had it fully serviced a she is a true champ. In fact, one the BEST vintage chronographs I have ever owned!! The other one is close to NOS, so she’s a bit of a safe queen! I really think this is some of vintage Seiko at its very best!!

Attachments

·
Registered
24,668 Posts
Nice Couple you have there...

Old Pic

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is my problem, I buy a watch too nice to wear then I have to buy another to have as a daily wearer. Sometimes even another just to round it up to a nice number.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I need to add a UFO to my 6138 collection at some point. Those two are beauties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you do!!

I need to add a UFO to my 6138 collection at some point. Those two are beauties.

They are such great vintage chronographs. Hand wind, automatic, quickset, incredible quality. A little top heavy, but that just goes with the territory!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guilty as charged! HA!!

This is my problem, I buy a watch too nice to wear then I have to buy another to have as a daily wearer. Sometimes even another just to round it up to a nice number.
Mint pieces are great and all, but not something you can really wear and enjoy daily! I actually love watches that have just that right amount of wear!! They look the part and you don't have to worry so much!!

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Here's a couple of 6138-0030 Kakume's to add a bit of variety. A Speedtimer and a RoW.........

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Add two bulls...

·
Special Member
4,440 Posts
I have had these for many years. The one on the President style bracelet is the one I wear. It’s not as mint as the other one and I bought it to be a wearer! Had it fully serviced a she is a true champ. In fact, one the BEST vintage chronographs I have ever owned!! The other one is close to NOS, so she’s a bit of a safe queen! I really think this is some of vintage Seiko at its very best!!

Agreed, I only have one but that and the bullhead are the best 6138’s.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a couple of 6138-0030 Kakume's to add a bit of variety. A Speedtimer and a RoW.........

I really need to add one of these to my collection!!! Love the silver dialed one! Clean looking examples!!! :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts